Digital TV News: YouGov
YouGov research for Edgeware finds clear demand for tailored TV content
Apr 4, 2019 – Online research from Edgeware and YouGov has found that 89% of adults across the UK, USA, Hong Kong, Mexico and Spain would be interested in content that is aimed at their personal interests when watching traditional TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, YouGov, Johan Bolin, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, Mexico, NABShow, Spain, UK, USA
Edgeware enables broadcasters to launch tailored live TV channels for OTT
Apr 2, 2019 – Edgeware has announced the launch of its Virtual Channel Creation solution. The product can be used to create alternative OTT versions of linear channels that are adapted for their audiences – such as fans of different sports teams, an age demographic or people watching in a particular region.
News categories: Edgeware, Johan Bolin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
29% of Indonesian consumers use pirated TV boxes
Mar 21, 2019 – In a study of online viewing behaviour of Indonesian consumers, it was revealed that 29% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The boxes allow users to access pirated TV channels and VOD content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Roy Soetanto, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
Feb 12, 2019 – A study of the viewing behaviour of Malaysian consumers has revealed that 25% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The boxes allow users to access hundreds of pirated television channels and VOD content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
Jan 18, 2019 – The Singapore government has announced that it will be amending its Copyright Act. Measures to deter retailers from profiting from providing access to content through unauthorised sources, such as TV boxes, will be added.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Regulation, Singapore
Brightcove releases research on consumer video streaming preferences
Dec 18, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced the results of its 2018 Global Consumer Streaming Habits Survey, analyzing global consumer consumption preferences across generations when it comes to live and on-demand streaming video content.
News categories: Brightcove, Sara Larsen, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Spain, UAE, USA
Survey finds 15% of Singapore consumers use Illicit Streaming Devices
Nov 28, 2018 – A study of the content viewing behaviour of Singaporean consumers, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association, has revealed that 15% use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore
45% of Thai consumers use pirated TV boxes
Nov 14, 2018 – In a recent study, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association's Coalition Against Piracy, into the content viewing behaviour of Thai consumers, it was revealed that 45% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, True Visions, Neil Gane, Sompan Charumilinda, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Thailand
Brightcove commissions study of pay and OTT TV in Taiwan
Oct 29, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced findings from a study carried out with YouGov and Cleeng. The study highlighted trends in video consumption, preferences towards cable TV and OTT TV services, motivators that drive pay TV and OTT TV adoption, and payment preferences in Taiwan.
News categories: Brightcove, Cleeng, YouGov, Ben Morrell, Digital TV, Market Research, Taiwan
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
- FreeWheel announces programmatic OTT offering for local TV buyers
- Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
- Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura bring EAS Alerts to Cloud TV services
- Telestream and NPAW integrate video monitoring and analytics platforms
- Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market