Digital TV News: YouGov
64% of U.S. households may lack long-term interest in subscribing to cable TV
Apr 21, 2020 – 64 percent of U.S. households with at least one screen have cut the cord with cable TV, are planning to cut the cord, or never subscribed, according to a recent survey of more than 2,600 U.S. consumers by The Trade Desk (Nasdaq:TTD).
News categories: The Trade Desk, Brian Stempeck, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
Feb 19, 2020 – A Coalition Against Piracy study of the online content viewing behaviour of Taiwanese consumers, has revealed that 33% of consumers have accessed streaming piracy websites or torrent sites to access premium content without paying any subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Thomas Ee, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Taiwan
Survey sees streaming subscription fatigue among U.S. consumers
Jan 6, 2020 – 59% of Americans are not willing to pay more than $20 a month for streaming TV services, according to a survey by The Trade Desk. Furthermore, 75% will not pay more than $30 a month. These results suggest a subscription fatigue threshold for TV streaming services.
News categories: The Trade Desk, Brian Stempeck, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
63% of Indonesians access streaming piracy websites or torrent sites
Dec 20, 2019 – A study of online content viewing behavior commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association has revealed that 63% of online Indonesian consumers have accessed streaming piracy sites to access content without paying subscription fees.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Chand Parwez, Hendy Lim, Djonny Sjafruddin, Edwin Nazir, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT
Surge in use of Illicit Streaming Devices amongst online Filipino consumers
Sep 11, 2019 – A study of the content viewing behavior of Filipino consumers, has revealed that 34% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The latest research shows a substantial increase compared to a similar study last year.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
23% of Malaysian online consumers use illicit streaming devices
Sep 3, 2019 – A study has revealed that 23% of Malaysian consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The boxes allow users to access hundreds of pirated TV channels and VOD content, usually with a low annual subscription fee.
News categories: AVIA, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
Jul 19, 2019 – ITV and the BBC plan to launch BritBox in the UK in the fourth quarter of this year. BritBox will be full of the UK's favourite programmes and the home of the largest collection of British boxsets. BritBox is also commissioning a range of original series.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Carolyn McCall, Tony Hall, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Brightcove publishes Asia OTT TV research report
Jun 17, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published its annual Asia OTT TV market study. The study polled 9,000 participants across the following nine countries: Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
News categories: Brightcove, YouGov, Greg Armshaw, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
YouGov research for Edgeware finds clear demand for tailored TV content
Apr 4, 2019 – Online research from Edgeware and YouGov has found that 89% of adults across the UK, USA, Hong Kong, Mexico and Spain would be interested in content that is aimed at their personal interests when watching traditional TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, YouGov, Johan Bolin, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, Mexico, NABShow, Spain, UK, USA
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV