Digital TV News: YouGov
ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
Jul 19, 2019 – ITV and the BBC plan to launch BritBox in the UK in the fourth quarter of this year. BritBox will be full of the UK's favourite programmes and the home of the largest collection of British boxsets. BritBox is also commissioning a range of original series.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Carolyn McCall, Tony Hall, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Brightcove publishes Asia OTT TV research report
Jun 17, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has published its annual Asia OTT TV market study. The study polled 9,000 participants across the following nine countries: Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
News categories: Brightcove, YouGov, Greg Armshaw, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
YouGov research for Edgeware finds clear demand for tailored TV content
Apr 4, 2019 – Online research from Edgeware and YouGov has found that 89% of adults across the UK, USA, Hong Kong, Mexico and Spain would be interested in content that is aimed at their personal interests when watching traditional TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, YouGov, Johan Bolin, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, Mexico, NABShow, Spain, UK, USA
Edgeware enables broadcasters to launch tailored live TV channels for OTT
Apr 2, 2019 – Edgeware has announced the launch of its Virtual Channel Creation solution. The product can be used to create alternative OTT versions of linear channels that are adapted for their audiences – such as fans of different sports teams, an age demographic or people watching in a particular region.
News categories: Edgeware, Johan Bolin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
29% of Indonesian consumers use pirated TV boxes
Mar 21, 2019 – In a study of online viewing behaviour of Indonesian consumers, it was revealed that 29% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The boxes allow users to access pirated TV channels and VOD content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Roy Soetanto, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
Survey finds one in four Malaysian consumers use pirate TV boxes
Feb 12, 2019 – A study of the viewing behaviour of Malaysian consumers has revealed that 25% of consumers use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content. The boxes allow users to access hundreds of pirated television channels and VOD content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
Jan 18, 2019 – The Singapore government has announced that it will be amending its Copyright Act. Measures to deter retailers from profiting from providing access to content through unauthorised sources, such as TV boxes, will be added.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Regulation, Singapore
Brightcove releases research on consumer video streaming preferences
Dec 18, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced the results of its 2018 Global Consumer Streaming Habits Survey, analyzing global consumer consumption preferences across generations when it comes to live and on-demand streaming video content.
News categories: Brightcove, Sara Larsen, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Spain, UAE, USA
Survey finds 15% of Singapore consumers use Illicit Streaming Devices
Nov 28, 2018 – A study of the content viewing behaviour of Singaporean consumers, commissioned by the Asia Video Industry Association, has revealed that 15% use a TV box which can be used to stream pirated television and video content.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Singapore
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event