Digital TV News: Yves Padrines
Astro partners with Synamedia for new video services
Apr 24, 2019 – Synamedia has announced a partnership with and Astro Malaysia. Synamedia’s cloud-based Infinite video platform will enable Astro to secure, distribute and monetize video experiences across all screens while deepening viewer engagement.
News categories: Synamedia, Astro, Yves Padrines, Henry Tan, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Malaysia, OTT, Satellite, TV Everywhere, UX
Sky invests in Synamedia
Jan 8, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that Sky has taken a stake in the business, joining majority shareholder the Permira funds. Both Sky and its parent company Comcast are long-time Synamedia customers as well as strategic development partners.
News categories: Synamedia, Sky, Yves Padrines, Andrew Griffith, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
Synamedia makes CES debut
Jan 3, 2019 – Synamedia will bring its newest solutions to CES 2019. The company also unveiled security software that combats the rapid rise in account sharing between friends and families, turning it instead into a new revenue-generating opportunity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, CES, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Middleware, Worldwide
Synamedia sets out corporate vision, strategy and investment focus
Sep 14, 2018 – Synamedia, the new company that will be formed from the sale of Cisco’s video processing and video solutions business to private equity firm Permira funds, has revealed its vision and investment focus as an independent entity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco's demerged SPVSS business to be called Synamedia
Sep 4, 2018 – The new company to be formed from the sale of Cisco's SPVSS business is to be called Synamedia. New and enhanced video solutions from Cisco SPVSS's portfolio that will move to Synamedia will be showcased at IBC on the Cisco stand.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Swisscom uses Cisco UHD encoding for live 4K content
Jun 30, 2016 – Swisscom TV 2.0, the leader of the Swiss digital TV market with over 1.4 million subscribers, has deployed the Cisco® Ultra High Definition (UHD) Live Encoding solution for its UHD viewing experience for the European Football Championship 2016.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Swisscom, Yves Padrines, Peter Fregelius, Content Distribution, IPTV, Switzerland
Cisco helps Altice with launch of global 'Zive' video service
Jan 6, 2016 – Cisco has announced that it provided technology for Altice's 'Zive' subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service. Zive is available to SFR customers in France, with plans to soon offer it in all Altice markets.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Altice, Yves Padrines, Max Blumberg, Belgium, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, IPTV, Israel, Luxembourg, Portugal, Switzerland
Sky Q to use Cisco security, software and services
Jan 6, 2016 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Sky is using Cisco video software solutions to power its Sky Q home entertainment system. Sky is using Cisco's VideoGuard Everywhere security and Cisco is also providing headend components and set-top box middleware.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Yves Padrines, Andrew Olson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ireland, Middleware, Mobile, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
beIN SPORTS selects Cisco Videoscape TV
Jan 21, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that beIN SPORTS has selected the Cisco Videoscape TV services delivery platform to deliver advanced sports video experiences across 20+ countries in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
News categories: Cisco Systems, beIN SPORTS, Yves Padrines, Yousef Mohammed Al-Obaidly, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middle-East, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks