Digital TV News: Yves Padrines
Sky invests in Synamedia
Jan 8, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that Sky has taken a stake in the business, joining majority shareholder the Permira funds. Both Sky and its parent company Comcast are long-time Synamedia customers as well as strategic development partners.
News categories: Synamedia, Sky, Yves Padrines, Andrew Griffith, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
Synamedia makes CES debut
Jan 3, 2019 – Synamedia will bring its newest solutions to CES 2019. The company also unveiled security software that combats the rapid rise in account sharing between friends and families, turning it instead into a new revenue-generating opportunity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, CES2019, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Middleware, Worldwide
Synamedia sets out corporate vision, strategy and investment focus
Sep 14, 2018 – Synamedia, the new company that will be formed from the sale of Cisco’s video processing and video solutions business to private equity firm Permira funds, has revealed its vision and investment focus as an independent entity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Cisco's demerged SPVSS business to be called Synamedia
Sep 4, 2018 – The new company to be formed from the sale of Cisco's SPVSS business is to be called Synamedia. New and enhanced video solutions from Cisco SPVSS's portfolio that will move to Synamedia will be showcased at IBC on the Cisco stand.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Private Equity, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Swisscom uses Cisco UHD encoding for live 4K content
Jun 30, 2016 – Swisscom TV 2.0, the leader of the Swiss digital TV market with over 1.4 million subscribers, has deployed the Cisco® Ultra High Definition (UHD) Live Encoding solution for its UHD viewing experience for the European Football Championship 2016.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Swisscom, Yves Padrines, Peter Fregelius, Content Distribution, IPTV, Switzerland
Cisco helps Altice with launch of global 'Zive' video service
Jan 6, 2016 – Cisco has announced that it provided technology for Altice's 'Zive' subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service. Zive is available to SFR customers in France, with plans to soon offer it in all Altice markets.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Altice, Yves Padrines, Max Blumberg, Belgium, Cable TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, France, IPTV, Israel, Luxembourg, Portugal, Switzerland
Sky Q to use Cisco security, software and services
Jan 6, 2016 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Sky is using Cisco video software solutions to power its Sky Q home entertainment system. Sky is using Cisco's VideoGuard Everywhere security and Cisco is also providing headend components and set-top box middleware.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Yves Padrines, Andrew Olson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ireland, Middleware, Multiscreen, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UK
beIN SPORTS selects Cisco Videoscape TV
Jan 21, 2015 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that beIN SPORTS has selected the Cisco Videoscape TV services delivery platform to deliver advanced sports video experiences across 20+ countries in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
News categories: Cisco Systems, beIN SPORTS, Yves Padrines, Yousef Mohammed Al-Obaidly, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middle-East, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Vodafone showcases 4K capability with Cisco at IFA 2014
Sep 4, 2014 – Cisco has announced that it is collaborating with Vodafone Germany to develop Germany’s first 4K capable set-top box, to be demonstrated at IFA 2014 in Berlin. The 4K, Ultra HD offering will be available to subscribers within the first half of 2015.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Vodafone, Yves Padrines, Digital TV, Germany, IFA18, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8