Digital TV News: Zodiac Interactive
ActiveVideo and Zodiac combine to provide Cloud-delivered user experiences
Sep 12, 2017 – Zodiac Interactive and ActiveVideo have partnered on a joint solution that will enable pay-TV operators of all sizes to provide next generation user experiences and new premium services on any installed set-top box.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, ActiveVideo, Cable Bahamas, Brandon Brown, Jeff Miller, David Burrows, Bahamas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Two-in-five Pay TV households to have STB apps by 2019
Feb 28, 2014 – In 2013 ABI Research estimates one out of every ten pay TV households had access to applications on the set-top box. By 2019 nearly 40% of pay TV households should have access to similar services and features.
News categories: ABI Research, Sam Rosen, Michael Inouye, Apps, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics outlines product portfolio for US cable
Jan 3, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced its product offering for the US cable market including all of the ingredients required from broadband access to Ultra HD multi-screen video processing and home connectivity.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Zodiac's EBIF Plays With Everyone
Jan 18, 2010 – Zodiac Interactive has announced that its EBIF (Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format) player is successfully operating using applications from multiple vendors and development environments within the cable iTV ecosystem.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Interactive TV's Present and Future to be Featured at The Cable Show '09
Mar 26, 2009 – Enhanced TV and tru2way™ interactive TV applications will play a major role at The Cable Show '09 being held April 1-3 at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center, the annual convention of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association.
News categories: The Cable Show, CableLabs, Cable TV, Middleware
Zodiac and ADB Integrate Tru2way™ Technology
Mar 23, 2009 – Zodiac Interactive and Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) have announced the integration of PowerUp™TV with ADB's products. The combined solution lets operators more rapidly deploy tru2way™ and EBIF™ applications.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Zodiac Interactive, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Zodiac Interactive and Alticast Team on Tru2way™ Technology
Jan 26, 2009 – Zodiac Interactive and Alticast have announced that they will bundle Zodiac PowerUp™ for tru2way technology with Alticast AltiCaptor™. The combined solution will enable MSOs to deliver interactive services and applications and advanced VOD.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, Alticast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Zodiac Interactive Announces EBIF Players for Tru2way™ and PowerTV
Dec 16, 2008 – Zodiac Interactive has announced the release of an ETV/EBIF™ (Enhanced TV Binary Interchange Format) player for PowerTV and the tru2way™.
News categories: Zodiac Interactive, Ensequence, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Tru2way™ Technology and Interactive Applications to Take Center Stage at The Cable Show '08
May 14, 2008 – Tru2way™ technology and interactive TV applications will have broad exposure during the cable industry's premier convention, The Cable Show '08, being held at the Ernest Morial Convention Center in New Orleans from May 18-20.
News categories: CableLabs, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs