Digital TV News: Zuku
Wananchi satellite service to launch in Uganda next month
Jul 18, 2011 – Wananchi is to launch its Zuku TV satellite service in Uganda next month. As part of the launch, Wananchi is offering to replace the set-top boxes owned by those who subscribed to the GTV DTH service that failed in 2009.
News categories: Wananchi, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Uganda
SES Joins Forces with Wananchi to Launch Zuku TV DTH in East Africa
May 30, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has joined forces with Kenyan television and broadband operator Wananchi to launch a new Direct-to-Home (DTH) line-up called Zuku TV in East Africa. Zuku TV is set to launch in July using SES capacity.
News categories: SES S.A., Wananchi, Zuku, Burundi, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Satellite, Tanzania, Uganda
Verimatrix Secures DVB-S2 Digital TV Service for the Wananchi Group
Sep 10, 2010 – Verimatrix has announced that the Wananchi Group, Africa's pioneering provider of triple-play, has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB to secure satellite TV services for the Zuku brand in Kenya.
News categories: Verimatrix, Wananchi, International Datacasting, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, DVB-S2, IBC2020, Kenya, Satellite, Set Top Box
IDC Signs Agreement with Wananchi for DTH in Africa
Jun 30, 2010 – International Datacasting Corporation (TSX:IDC) has announced that the Company has entered into an agreement with The Wananchi Group for the development, build up and roll-out of a DTH broadcasting service for Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Wananchi, International Datacasting, East Africa Capital Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Wananchi Launching DTH, IP Services in Kenya
Apr 13, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a major capacity agreement with Wananchi to deliver new DTH and IP services throughout East Africa.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Wananchi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite
Kenya - Wananchi launches Zuku triple play service
Oct 7, 2008 – Telecommunications service provider Wananchi has unveiled Kenya's first triple play offering. Known as Zuku, the service consists of television, broadband and telephony.
News categories: Wananchi, Zuku, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Kenya, Tanzania
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers