Digital TV News: Zuku
Wananchi satellite service to launch in Uganda next month
Jul 18, 2011 – Wananchi is to launch its Zuku TV satellite service in Uganda next month. As part of the launch, Wananchi is offering to replace the set-top boxes owned by those who subscribed to the GTV DTH service that failed in 2009.
News categories: Wananchi, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Uganda
SES Joins Forces with Wananchi to Launch Zuku TV DTH in East Africa
May 30, 2011 – SES (Paris, LuxX:SESG) has joined forces with Kenyan television and broadband operator Wananchi to launch a new Direct-to-Home (DTH) line-up called Zuku TV in East Africa. Zuku TV is set to launch in July using SES capacity.
News categories: SES S.A., Wananchi, Zuku, Burundi, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Satellite, Tanzania, Uganda
Verimatrix Secures DVB-S2 Digital TV Service for the Wananchi Group
Sep 10, 2010 – Verimatrix has announced that the Wananchi Group, Africa's pioneering provider of triple-play, has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for DVB to secure satellite TV services for the Zuku brand in Kenya.
News categories: Verimatrix, Wananchi, International Datacasting, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, DVB-S2, IBC2019, Kenya, Satellite, Set Top Box
IDC Signs Agreement with Wananchi for DTH in Africa
Jun 30, 2010 – International Datacasting Corporation (TSX:IDC) has announced that the Company has entered into an agreement with The Wananchi Group for the development, build up and roll-out of a DTH broadcasting service for Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Wananchi, International Datacasting, East Africa Capital Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Wananchi Launching DTH, IP Services in Kenya
Apr 13, 2010 – SES WORLD SKIES (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a major capacity agreement with Wananchi to deliver new DTH and IP services throughout East Africa.
News categories: SES WORLD SKIES, Wananchi, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Kenya, Satellite
Kenya - Wananchi launches Zuku triple play service
Oct 7, 2008 – Telecommunications service provider Wananchi has unveiled Kenya's first triple play offering. Known as Zuku, the service consists of television, broadband and telephony.
News categories: Wananchi, Zuku, Broadband, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Kenya, Tanzania
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019