Digital TV News: a4
HiSilicon to show 8K IPTV with ChangHong at IBC 2019
Sep 5, 2019 – At IBC 2019, HiSilicon will show 8K IPTV with set-top box provider Changhong. The solution enables 8K video streaming services and is powered by HiSilicon's Hi3796CV300 8KP120 chipset.
News categories: HiSilicon, Changhong, China, Digital TV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 21k in Q2 2019
Jul 31, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2019. Altice had 3,276.5 thousand Residential Video RGUs at the end of the quarter. Quarterly net losses of -21k in the period were better than the prior year (-24k in Q2 2018).
News categories: Altice USA, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Altice USA video RGUs down 10k in 1Q 2019; Introduces Altice One 3.0
May 2, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2019. The company lost 10k video RGUs in the quarter. A major update to Altice One was introduced in April 2019 with the launch of the Operating System 3.0.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Altice USA to acquire Cheddar
Apr 30, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has announced that it has reached an agreement to acquire Cheddar, the digital-first news company, for $200 million. The transaction is expected to close in the next two months upon receipt of regulatory approval.
News categories: Altice USA, Cheddar, Dexter Goei, Jon Steinberg, Advertising, Digital TV, MnA, USA
a4 announces multiscreen IP-authenticated addressable OTT solution
Mar 1, 2019 – a4, a division of Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS), has announced the launch of its national, cross-screen OTT solution to help advertisers looking to reach highly targeted audiences in streaming environments and through connected TVs (CTV).
News categories: a4, Wael Sabra, Garrett Winkler, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Vewd and HiSilicon introduce turnkey platform for streaming devices
Sep 12, 2018 – Vewd, with HiSilicon, has announced Vewd Go, a turnkey streaming media player reference design built for operators to boost subscribers by directly addressing the demands of the OTT generation. Vewd Go gives operators new ways to reach cord-nevers, cord-cutters, multi-room subscribers, and subscribers-on-the-go.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, John Liu, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Inside Secure develops protection to prevent OTT advertising revenue loss
Sep 12, 2018 – Inside Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced general availability of its Inside Secure Advertising Protection at IBC. The product ensures that the correct advertising content is viewed by the intended audience while also maximizing revenues.
News categories: Inside Secure, Simon Blake Wilson, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Worldwide
Inside Secure launches advertising protection at IBC
Sep 12, 2018 – Inside Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced general availability of Inside Secure Advertising Protection at IBC. The solutions ensure the correct advertising content is viewed by the intended audience while maximizing revenues for OTT advertising distributors and publishers.
News categories: Inside Secure, Simon Blake Wilson, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service