Digital TV News: a4
a4 announces multiscreen IP-authenticated addressable OTT solution
Mar 1, 2019 – a4, a division of Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS), has announced the launch of its national, cross-screen OTT solution to help advertisers looking to reach highly targeted audiences in streaming environments and through connected TVs (CTV).
News categories: a4, Wael Sabra, Garrett Winkler, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
AT&T launches new advertising company, Xandr
Sep 25, 2018 – AT&T has announced the launch of Xandr, its new advertising company. Xandr encompasses all aspects of the existing AT&T advertising and analytics businesses, including AT&T’s advanced TV business, AT&T AdWorks; AT&T’s data and analytics business; ATT.net and AppNexus.
News categories: AT&T, Xandr, Brian Lesser, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Vewd and HiSilicon introduce turnkey platform for streaming devices
Sep 12, 2018 – Vewd, with HiSilicon, has announced Vewd Go, a turnkey streaming media player reference design built for operators to boost subscribers by directly addressing the demands of the OTT generation. Vewd Go gives operators new ways to reach cord-nevers, cord-cutters, multi-room subscribers, and subscribers-on-the-go.
News categories: Vewd, HiSilicon, Aneesh Rajaram, John Liu, Digital TV, IBC, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Inside Secure develops protection to prevent OTT advertising revenue loss
Sep 12, 2018 – Inside Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced general availability of its Inside Secure Advertising Protection at IBC. The product ensures that the correct advertising content is viewed by the intended audience while also maximizing revenues.
News categories: Inside Secure, Simon Blake Wilson, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC, OTT, Worldwide
Inside Secure launches advertising protection at IBC
Sep 12, 2018 – Inside Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced general availability of Inside Secure Advertising Protection at IBC. The solutions ensure the correct advertising content is viewed by the intended audience while maximizing revenues for OTT advertising distributors and publishers.
News categories: Inside Secure, Simon Blake Wilson, Advertising, Digital TV, IBC, Worldwide
Altice USA launches advanced advertising and data business
Apr 5, 2018 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has announced the launch of a4, the company’s advanced advertising and data business, which delivers audience-based, multiscreen advertising solutions to local, regional and national advertisers and MVPD partners.
News categories: Altice USA, Charles Stewart, Paul Haddad, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
Growth in HD FTA channels at Eutelsat's 7/8°W neighbourhood
Jan 15, 2018 – At CABSAT, Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has released data about the TV channels it broadcasts from its 7/8° West video neighbourhood. There are now 187 HD channels at this position, 110 of which are free-to-air.
News categories: Eutelsat, CABSAT, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite
Irdeto, MStar, SMIT, TP Vision and Rabbit Labs support CI Plus 2.0 USB form factor
Sep 14, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with MStar Semiconductor and SMIT Holdings to offer a CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM with Irdeto Cloaked CA to operators globally. TV manufacturer TP Vision and DVB-CI test tool and software provider, Rabbit Labs are also supporting the partnership.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Rabbit Labs, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Aaron Li, Elie Bonte, Gilles Gautier, CAM, Digital TV, IBC, QoE, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Spectral Edge brings HDR-like experiences to existing TVs
Sep 7, 2017 – Spectral Edge has released Vividteq, a colour filter technology that dynamically improves image quality and enables service providers to deliver HDR-like experiences to their subscribers, with no need to replace or update customer equipment.
News categories: Spectral Edge, Rhodri Thomas, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
- TDG: Disney+ likely to be well received
- Saankhya Labs develops 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV technologies
- Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH
- DIRECTV NOW packages get slimmer and pricier, but include HBO
- InPlayer joins Kaltura’s Video Technology Marketplace
- U.S. media companies and VIZIO form addressable advertising consortium