Digital TV News: b<>com
Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
Feb 26, 2020 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced today that its Dynamic Watermarking solution, developed in collaboration with b<>com, has undergone a stringent assessment carried out by Cartesian, an independent consultancy company for the communications and digital media industries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, b<>com, Cartesian, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Gaëtan Le Guelvouit, Lee Kent, Content Protection, Watermarking, Worldwide
b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
May 16, 2019 – In order to develop technologies that protect video content, Viaccess-Orca has partnered with b<>com. The first step in the collaboration is an innovation in watermarking that tracks pirates who redistribute illegal streaming services.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, b<>com, Paul Molinier, Bertrand Guilbaud, ANGA COM, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum brings updated Guidelines to NAB Show 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – At NAB, the Ultra HD Forum (UHDF) will bring an update to its Guidelines. The unified document describes ‘foundation’ UHD technologies, as well as ‘enhancements’ that are backward compatible but still work on foundation equipment.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
ETSI launches new group on Augmented Reality
Dec 4, 2017 – ETSI has launched a new Industry Specification Group called Augmented Reality Framework (ISG ARF). The group aims to synchronize efforts and identify key use cases and scenarios for developing an Augmented Reality (AR) framework with relevant components and interfaces.
News categories: ETSI, Muriel Deschanel, Ralf Schäfer, VR, Worldwide
Industry forum formed to boost VR adoption
Jan 5, 2017 – At CES, 28 companies announced the Virtual Reality Industry Forum (VRIF), a not-for-profit company with its purpose stated as: “To further the widespread availability of high-quality audiovisual VR experiences, for the benefit of consumers.”
News categories: Virtual Reality Industry Forum, David Price, Chris Johns, CES2020, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service
- Apptopia and Braze release state of streaming industry report
- Edge Networks announces 'Evoca' ATSC 3.0 pay TV service
- Allegro DVT releases AL-D21x video decoder IP family with AV1 support
- Nielsen and Sinclair Broadcast announce multi-year renewal
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Deltatre unveils SaaS platform for real-time, data-driven UX decisions
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications