Digital TV News: blue TV
THEO powers 'blue TV' streaming service from Swisscom
Nov 17, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that THEOplayer will be used by Swisscom to deliver its blue TV (previously known as TV Air) service. Swisscom will now use THEOplayer across its web clients as well as on Connected TVs.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Swisscom, blue TV, Steven Tielemans, Samuel Schaerli, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Switzerland
SRG SSR launches Swiss multilingual streaming app with You.i TV
Nov 10, 2020 – You.i TV has announced that their engine is being utilized by the SRG SSR as the underlying technology behind recently launched Play Suisse. Leveraging You.i Engine One, a small team of developers was ready for launch within just 9 months.
News categories: You.i TV, SRG SSR, Jason Flick, Michaël De Lucia, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Switzerland
SoftAtHome Strengthens its Solution with Bluestreak Technology to Provide Further Innovation in the Digital Home
Sep 12, 2008 – SoftAtHome has announced that it has licensed Bluestreak Technology's MachBlue™ platform. MachBlue runs Flash®-formatted files with a series of custom ActionScript functions on iTV, set-top boxes (STBs), Web tablets and mobile devices.
News categories: Bluestreak, SoftAtHome, Digital TV, Gateway, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
ViXS XCode™ 3290 Video Processor works with Bluestreak's MachBlue Flash® Player
Sep 11, 2008 – ViXS Systems has announced that its XCode™ 3290 MPEG-4 AVC Transcoder/Encoder/Decoder SoC has been enabled with Bluestreak's MachBlue TV product. MachBlue offers a complete application environment, including Flash®, for CE and STB manufacturers.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Bluestreak, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVR, Home Server, IBCShowcase, Media Player, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic