Digital TV News: castLabs
Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 12, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart multimedia SoC is an approved Widevine CAS solution for Android TV. With castLabs, the trio will demonstrate an end-to-end Widevine CAS workflow at the APAC Android TV Summit.
News categories: Synaptics, castLabs, Widevine, Saleel Awsare, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
3SS and castLabs partner on Android TV integration
Sep 10, 2019 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) and castLabs have announced a partnership to provide a smooth Android TV integration service to their customers. The companies have been collaborating for over a year to help service providers enjoy the benefits of Android TV.
News categories: 3SS, castLabs, Pierre Donath, Bojan Jovanović, Android TV, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
AWS releases key exchange API to streamline DRM integration
Mar 27, 2019 – AWS has announced its Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE), an open, extensible API specification developed to streamline integration of Digital Rights Management (DRM) with encoders, transcoders, and origin servers.
News categories: AWS Elemental, Michael Callahan, Will Law, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Russia's TotalVideo to develop cable platform with SeaChange
Dec 20, 2018 – SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) and TotalVideo plan to develop a multi-operator, multi-tenant hybrid OTT/DVB/IPTV platform that will enable video and cable providers in Russia to offer multi-screen services to their subscribers.
News categories: SeaChange, Ed Terino, Mikhail Silin, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia
Zappware and castLabs deliver new WIND Hellas TV service
Sep 6, 2018 – castLabs has partnered with Zappware to provide an end-to-end premium video delivery solution for WIND VISION, a new TV service by WIND Hellas, the first in Greece with both Android TV and Netflix.
News categories: Zappware, castLabs, WIND Hellas, Patrick Vos, Michael Stattmann, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Greece, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, UX
Agama service assurance pre-integrated with castLabs’ video player
Sep 4, 2018 – Agama Technologies and castLabs have announced a partnership to deliver a pre-integrated player SDK solution for video service quality assurance aimed at OTT service providers.
News categories: Agama, castLabs, Johan Görsjö, Michael Stattmann, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
castLabs and Broadpeak debut CMAF-compliant ultra-low latency playback solution
Aug 30, 2018 – castLabs and Broadpeak have announced a CMAF compliant solution for ultra-low latency playback. The end-to-end solution can reduce transmission time to less than a second, competitive with satellite live broadcasting.
News categories: castLabs, Broadpeak, Michael Stattmann, Jacques Le Mancq, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
ContentArmor video watermarking integrated with castLabs Video Toolkit
Aug 28, 2018 – castLabs and ContentArmor have announced a collaboration to integrate session-based video watermarking with castLabs' Video Toolkit for OTT and in-flight entertainment (IFE) deployments.
News categories: castLabs, ContentArmor, Michael Stattmann, Alain Durand, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
castLabs deploys multi-DRM license delivery at M6 Group
Jul 11, 2018 – castLabs has announced the deployment of multi-DRM license delivery network technology at M6 Group across its VoD and live streaming digital platform 6play. Adopting HTML5 playback, M6 Group sought a proven solution to simplify the task of DRM licensing across all screens.
News categories: castLabs, M6 Group, Michael Stattmann, Valéry Gerfaud, Digital TV, DRM, France, HTML5, Mobile, OTT
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV