Digital TV News: httv
Thomson Video Networks powers Ivory Coast DTT pilot
Sep 29, 2015 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that its HD/SD encoding and video processing solutions are being deployed as part of a pilot digital terrestrial television (DTT) video headend for CNM-TNT, the Ivory Coast committee heading the country's transition to digital.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Thomson Broadcast, Christophe Delahousse, Pascal Veillat, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Zinwell selects HTTV for HbbTV DVB-T2 receiver
May 26, 2015 – HTTV has announced the integration of httvLink, its HbbTV and HTML5 compliant TV operating system for connected STBs, with Zinwell receivers. The receiver is based on Broadcom's BCM7563 DVB-T2 chipset.
News categories: HTTV, Zinwell, Régis Saint Girons, River Chiang, Africa, Asia, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, DVB-T2, HbbTV, HTML5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HTTV and TeVolution combine DTT/OTT efforts for Africa
Oct 30, 2014 – HTTV and TeVolution, an OTT Pay TV Platform, have announced they will showcase at Africacast 2014 exhibition a joint demonstration to offer first-class connected TV experience to the African Pay TV market.
News categories: HTTV, TeVolution, Régis Saint Girons, Raphaël Porte, Africa, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Senegal, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Excaf Telecom selects HTTV's Hybrid TVOS to power DVB-T2 STBs
Sep 10, 2014 – Excaf Telecom Group, the DTT operator in charge of the Analogue Switch Off in Senegal, has signed a contract with HTTV for the deployment of up to 1 million DVB-T2 set-top boxes.
News categories: HTTV, Excaf Telecom, Régis Saint Girons, Sidy Diagne, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Middleware, Semiconductor, Senegal, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
HTTV and FOXXUM team-up for HbbTV
Sep 4, 2014 – HTTV and FOXXUM have announced that they have teamed-up to create a unique Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV partnership. Both companies have joined forces to offer a first class solution for Pay TV operators.
News categories: HTTV, FOXXUM, Régis Saint Girons, Ronny Lutzi, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Parabole Réunion selects HTTV and Skyworth for connected STB
Aug 28, 2014 – HTTV has announced that it has teamed up with Skyworth to deliver Parabole Réunion’s first HbbTV-compliant Set Top Box, enabling the Indian Ocean DTH Pay TV operator to bring services to local French-speaking communities.
News categories: HTTV, Skyworth, Parabole Réunion, Régis Saint Girons, Michel Juanico, Conditional Access, Digital TV, France, HbbTV, Mascarene Islands, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HbbTV Association announces Asian symposium
May 27, 2014 – The HbbTV Association has announced the 'HbbTV Symposium: Asia'. The conference is to take place on June 18th at the Marina Bay Sands Hotel, Singapore during the Broadcast Asia and CommunicAsia 2014 tradeshows.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Régis Saint Girons, Kirk Edwardson, Asia, ConnecTechAsia, HbbTV, Singapore
HTTV to provide HbbTV head-end to Sentech
May 20, 2014 – HTTV has announced that it will supply httvStream, its flagship Head End product, to enable Sentech and South African broadcasters to deploy HbbTV services on Sentech's Direct To Home - Satellite (DTH - S) Platform.
News categories: HTTV, Sentech, Régis Saint Girons, Gordon Maynar, ANGA COM, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Satellite, South Africa
Sigma Designs reports fiscal year 2014 results
Apr 9, 2014 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended February 1, 2014. Net revenue for 2014 was $199.2 million, a decrease of $17.4 million, or 8.0%, from $216.6 million in the previous year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV