Digital TV News: iQ Media
WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
May 15, 2019 – WMYD (NASDAQ: SSP) plans to launch Next-Gen TV in Detroit in a collaborative effort that will also involve Graham Media and other local broadcasters. The launch provides an opportunity for the automotive industry to have an in-market test bed for the new platform.
News categories: Scripps, Graham Media, Pearl TV, Brian Lawlor, Emily L. Barr, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, In-Car, USA
MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
May 15, 2019 – MainStreaming has announced it has secured $6 million in a new round of funding, bringing its total raised to over $10 million. This round was led by Indaco Venture Partners SGR, together with Sony Innovation Fund and existing investor, United Ventures.
News categories: MainStreaming, Indaco, Sony Innovation Fund, Antonio Corrado, Alvise Bonivento, Gen Tsuchikawa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
May 15, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) and nScreenMedia have announced findings from a survey focusing on pay TV, free-to-air and online TV viewership in major European countries. The report reveals that TV viewing has become a complicated undertaking for European audiences.
News categories: Gracenote, nScreenMedia, Simon Adams, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Sweden, UK
Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
May 15, 2019 – Media measurement bodies, BARC (India), Médiamétrie (France), Numeris (Canada) and Video Research (Japan) have announced that they will collaborate on future audience measurement initiatives including the development of common technical standards and operational processes.
News categories: BARC India, Médiamétrie, Numeris, Video Research, Partho Dasgupta, Bruno Chetaille, Neil McEneaney, Yuzuru Kato, Brad Bedford, Advertising, Big Data, Canada, Digital TV, France, India, Japan
Telestream and NPAW integrate video monitoring and analytics platforms
May 14, 2019 – Telestream and NPAW (Nice People At Work) have announced partnership that sees the companies integrating their video monitoring and analytics platforms. This enables Telestream and NPAW to implement cross reference selling strategies across a range of markets.
News categories: Telestream, NPAW, Calvin Harrison, Sergi Vergés, Big Data, Digital TV, QoE, Worldwide
4INFO adds Smart TV data through partnership with Inscape
May 14, 2019 – 4INFO has announced a strategic relationship with Inscape. By integrating Inscape’s ACR-generated, glass level insights from smart TVs, with 4INFO’s advanced TV platform, marketers are better able to match online and offline data to smart TV viewing data.
News categories: 4INFO, Inscape, Tim Jenkins, Greg Hampton, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Xandr Community brings together advertisers, publishers, and consumers
May 14, 2019 – Xandr, AT&T's advertising and analytics company, has announced the formation of Community, a curated marketplace of publishers that enables advertisers to reach their audiences at scale in a brand-safe, privacy-protected, premium video environment.
News categories: Xandr, Brian Lesser, Donna Speciale, Henry Embleton, Mark Rotblat, Reed Barker, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
5G TODAY broadcasting field trial officially launched
May 9, 2019 – The 5G TODAY project has begun its 5G Broadcasting field trial. The project partners Bayerischer Rundfunk (BR), IRT, Kathrein, Rohde & Schwarz and Telefónica Germany are jointly testing broadcasting options for future 5G technology.
News categories: IRT, Telefónica, Rohde & Schwarz, Kathrein, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Michael Hagemeyer, Gerald Huber, Peter Riedel, Anton Kathrein, Ulrich Wilhelm, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
Alphonso and PlaceIQ enable location-based TV planning, measurement, and attribution
May 7, 2019 – Alphonso and PlaceIQ have announced a partnership combining Alphonso's large-scale TV viewership data with PlaceIQ's location data, to enable location-aware TV planning, measurement, and closed-loop TV-to-visitation attribution.
News categories: Alphonso, PlaceIQ, Ashish Chordia, Nadya Kohl, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
- FreeWheel announces programmatic OTT offering for local TV buyers