Digital TV News: izzi
Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
Nov 19, 2020 – Mirada has integrated Disney+ into its Iris multiscreen product, with deployment on the izzi pay TV platform in Mexico. Customers can now access Disney+ directly on 'izzitv smart' without the need for a separate subscription.
News categories: Mirada, izzi, José Luis Vázquez, Salvi Folch, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box
izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
Oct 26, 2020 – Mirada has announced the commercial launch of its Android TV Operator Tier with custom launcher for Mexican operator, izzi. The launch extends izzi’s pay TV service to Android TV hybrid set-top boxes.
News categories: Mirada, izzi, José Luis Vázquez, Salvi Folch, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box, UX
Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
Nov 18, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has announced results for the six months to 30 September 2019. izzi Telecom further increased its adoption of Mirada's technology during the period, with a high increase in both the installation rate of STBs and number of households using Mirada products.
News categories: Mirada, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
Nov 12, 2019 – Disney+, from The Walt Disney Company, is now live in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, bringing together for the first time a lineup of content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT, USA
Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
Jul 17, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has integrated Netflix into its Iris multiscreen product, with a first deployment at izzi in Mexico. The integration adds to the other third-party content provider integrations that Mirada currently offers, such as Fox Play and HBO Go.
News categories: Mirada, Netflix, José-Luis Vázquez, Apps, Digital TV, Mexico, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
Jul 11, 2019 – Mirada plc (AIM: MIRA) has announced results for the year ended 31 March 2019. The Company is advancing its operational and commercial capabilities, demonstrated by Mirada's involvement in three simultaneous deployments in the year.
News categories: Mirada, Jose Luis Vazquez, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Worldwide
Mirada plc year-end trading update
Apr 29, 2019 – Mirada (AIM: MIRA) has provided a trading update for the financial year ended 31 March 2019 ahead its results announcement. The company expects revenues to be above its initial expectations, driven in part by izzi Telecom and its successful deployment of Mirada’s Iris multiscreen solution.
News categories: Mirada, izzi Telecom, Jose Luis Vazquez, Bermuda, Bolivia, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Mongolia, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
InterDigital and Technicolor to demo immersive video experiences at MWC19
Feb 25, 2019 – InterDigital (NASDAQ: IDCC) is teaming with the Research and Innovation unit of Technicolor to demonstrate evolving immersive video technologies at Mobile World Congress 2019. The demos are the first public collaboration between InterDigital and Technicolor R&I.
News categories: Technicolor, InterDigital, Gael Seydoux, Valerie Allié, Rémi Rousseau, Dr. Ralf Schaefer, Digital TV, MWC20, VR, Worldwide
TiVo signs IPG and metadata deal with izzi Telecom in Mexico
Jan 9, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that izzi Telecom has signed a license for interactive program guides (IPG) and entertainment metadata for their izzi Telecom video service in Mexico.
News categories: TiVo Corp, izzi Telecom, Karl Misling, Guillermo Salcedo, Big Data, Cable TV, CES2021, Digital TV, Mexico, UX
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic