Digital TV News: nScreenMedia
Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
May 15, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) and nScreenMedia have announced findings from a survey focusing on pay TV, free-to-air and online TV viewership in major European countries. The report reveals that TV viewing has become a complicated undertaking for European audiences.
News categories: Gracenote, nScreenMedia, Simon Adams, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Sweden, UK
Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
Mar 19, 2019 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has released a study that delves into consumer relationships with streaming video services and viewing behaviors. The study found that 70% of households in the U.S. and 40% of U.K. homes have a subscription to at least one streaming video service.
News categories: Vindicia, nScreenMedia, Anthony Goonetilleke, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Mobiles and PCs falling out of favour for binge TV watching
May 9, 2018 – Conviva and nScreenMedia have announced research analyzing streaming around the globe. The report examines viewing trends such as in-home versus out-of-home, device usage across dayparts, and content patterns related to short-form, long-form, live-linear broadcasts, and sports.
News categories: Conviva, nScreenMedia, Dr. Hui Zhang, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Video Exchange
TiVo introduces personalized content discovery with voice search
Jul 25, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) has introduced a fully-integrated Personalized Content Discovery platform. The platform provides content discovery features that combine the power of TiVo’s conversational voice search with personalized search and recommendations.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Pratik Patel, Colin Dixon, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Out-of-home streaming for TiVo Roamio users
Oct 24, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of out-of-home streaming on the TiVo Roamio Pro and TiVo Roamio Plus DVRs, letting you stream and download your live TV and recorded content to your smartphones and tablets from anywhere.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jim Denney, Colin Dixon, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
- FreeWheel announces programmatic OTT offering for local TV buyers
- Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
- Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura bring EAS Alerts to Cloud TV services
- Telestream and NPAW integrate video monitoring and analytics platforms
- Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market