Digital TV News: nScreenMedia
Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
May 15, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) and nScreenMedia have announced findings from a survey focusing on pay TV, free-to-air and online TV viewership in major European countries. The report reveals that TV viewing has become a complicated undertaking for European audiences.
News categories: Gracenote, nScreenMedia, Simon Adams, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Sweden, UK
Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
Mar 19, 2019 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has released a study that delves into consumer relationships with streaming video services and viewing behaviors. The study found that 70% of households in the U.S. and 40% of U.K. homes have a subscription to at least one streaming video service.
News categories: Vindicia, nScreenMedia, Anthony Goonetilleke, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Mobiles and PCs falling out of favour for binge TV watching
May 9, 2018 – Conviva and nScreenMedia have announced research analyzing streaming around the globe. The report examines viewing trends such as in-home versus out-of-home, device usage across dayparts, and content patterns related to short-form, long-form, live-linear broadcasts, and sports.
News categories: Conviva, nScreenMedia, Dr. Hui Zhang, Colin Dixon, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Video Exchange
TiVo introduces personalized content discovery with voice search
Jul 25, 2017 – TiVo (NASDAQ:TIVO) has introduced a fully-integrated Personalized Content Discovery platform. The platform provides content discovery features that combine the power of TiVo’s conversational voice search with personalized search and recommendations.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Pratik Patel, Colin Dixon, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Out-of-home streaming for TiVo Roamio users
Oct 24, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of out-of-home streaming on the TiVo Roamio Pro and TiVo Roamio Plus DVRs, letting you stream and download your live TV and recorded content to your smartphones and tablets from anywhere.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jim Denney, Colin Dixon, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box