Digital TV News: nbn
Telstra launches updated Telstra TV streaming player
Feb 19, 2019 – Telstra is to launch a new Telstra TV streaming player. The third generation of Telstra TV is sleeker, smaller, and includes an improved wireless remote control with voice search, plus buttons for TV power and volume control.
News categories: Telstra, Michael Acklan, Australia, Broadband, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
SVOD feeds Australian's insatiable appetite for streaming content
Jul 30, 2018 – The Australian Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services market continues to grow strongly reaching 9.1 million subscriptions at the end of June 2018, a year-on-year increase of 54 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Vodafone Australia partners with Netflix and unveils Vodafone TV
Mar 27, 2018 – Vodafone Australia has announced a partnership with Netflix and unveiled Vodafone TV, its first-ever streaming media device. Vodafone TV runs on Google’s Android platform with access to apps and games through the Google Play Store.
News categories: Vodafone, Ben McIntosh, Matthew Lobb, Android TV, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Streaming Video On Demand a hit in Australia
Aug 8, 2017 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) services delivered over the Internet continue to feed Australians’ appetite for entertainment with subscriptions reaching 3.7 million at the end of June 2017, a year-on-year increase of 30 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Online content viewing firmly established in Australia
Nov 30, 2016 – Australians’ increasing appetite for digital content is driving profound changes in mobile device use, services, infrastructure and content delivery. The ACMA’s Communications report 2015–16 contains data revealing current trends in consumer behaviour and industry responses.
News categories: Australian Communications and Media Authority, Richard Bean, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Foxtel launches 'nbn' services
Nov 3, 2016 – Foxtel has announced that it has begun offering services on the 'nbn' network to Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) serviceable customers. The move marks Foxtel’s initial push to offer 'nbn' services to new and current subscribers, which will accelerate in the coming months.
News categories: Foxtel, nbn, Andrew Lorken, Australia, Digital TV, Fibre, OTT
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Australia sees strong SVOD growth
Jun 27, 2016 – Uptake of subscription video on demand (SVOD) services delivered over the Internet continues to run hot in Australia with 2.7 million active subscriptions expected by the end of June 2016, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Singtel TV subscribers up 1% in 2015
Feb 12, 2016 – Singtel has announced results for its third quarter and nine months ended 31 December 2015. Singtel TV finished the year with 424,000 subscribers, up from 420,000 at the end of 2014.
News categories: Singtel, IPTV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019