Digital TV News: nbn
Telstra launches updated Telstra TV streaming player
Feb 19, 2019 – Telstra is to launch a new Telstra TV streaming player. The third generation of Telstra TV is sleeker, smaller, and includes an improved wireless remote control with voice search, plus buttons for TV power and volume control.
News categories: Telstra, Michael Acklan, Australia, Broadband, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
SVOD feeds Australian's insatiable appetite for streaming content
Jul 30, 2018 – The Australian Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services market continues to grow strongly reaching 9.1 million subscriptions at the end of June 2018, a year-on-year increase of 54 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Vodafone Australia partners with Netflix and unveils Vodafone TV
Mar 27, 2018 – Vodafone Australia has announced a partnership with Netflix and unveiled Vodafone TV, its first-ever streaming media device. Vodafone TV runs on Google’s Android platform with access to apps and games through the Google Play Store.
News categories: Vodafone, Ben McIntosh, Matthew Lobb, Android TV, Australia, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Streaming Video On Demand a hit in Australia
Aug 8, 2017 – Subscription video on demand (SVOD) services delivered over the Internet continue to feed Australians’ appetite for entertainment with subscriptions reaching 3.7 million at the end of June 2017, a year-on-year increase of 30 per cent, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Alvin Lee, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Online content viewing firmly established in Australia
Nov 30, 2016 – Australians’ increasing appetite for digital content is driving profound changes in mobile device use, services, infrastructure and content delivery. The ACMA’s Communications report 2015–16 contains data revealing current trends in consumer behaviour and industry responses.
News categories: Australian Communications and Media Authority, Richard Bean, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Foxtel launches 'nbn' services
Nov 3, 2016 – Foxtel has announced that it has begun offering services on the 'nbn' network to Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) serviceable customers. The move marks Foxtel’s initial push to offer 'nbn' services to new and current subscribers, which will accelerate in the coming months.
News categories: Foxtel, nbn, Andrew Lorken, Australia, Digital TV, Fibre, OTT
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
Australia sees strong SVOD growth
Jun 27, 2016 – Uptake of subscription video on demand (SVOD) services delivered over the Internet continues to run hot in Australia with 2.7 million active subscriptions expected by the end of June 2016, according to Telsyte.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Singtel TV subscribers up 1% in 2015
Feb 12, 2016 – Singtel has announced results for its third quarter and nine months ended 31 December 2015. Singtel TV finished the year with 424,000 subscribers, up from 420,000 at the end of 2014.
News categories: Singtel, IPTV, Results, Singapore, Subscribers
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising