VDSL (Very High Speed DSL – VHDSL) News
Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
May 16, 2013 – Vodafone Germany has announced a next-generation network access agreement with Deutsche Telekom (DT) which will allow Vodafone to offer high-speed fixed-line broadband and internet protocol-based TV (IPTV) services across Germany.
News categories: Vodafone, Deutsche Telekom, Digital TV, Germany, Infrastructure, IPTV, VDSL
Hybrid FTTx leads the growth in broadband access
Feb 15, 2012 – As IPTV approaches 55 million subscribers globally, it is Europe that still holds the strongest position for IPTV. The latest deployment information shows that operators are increasingly turning to fiber to meet the needs of the well-connected home.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Broadband, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, VDSL
Global IPTV subscribers up 6% in 3Q 2011 to 54.4 million
Jan 12, 2012 – Latest broadband and IPTV figures published by the Broadband Forum show that IPTV subscribers grew by 6.06% in the third quarter of 2011 and now total 54.4 million globally. Asia is the fastest growing region for IPTV.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, Digital TV, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA, VDSL
Broadband CPE and Home Networking Vendors Make Push towards Premium Services
Dec 19, 2011 – Infonetics has released vendor market share standings and market forecasts from two third quarter (3Q11) broadband access reports. Despite a 7% worldwide decline in cable CPE revenue, Motorola (NYSE: MMI) held on to the top spot in cable CPE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Gateway, Home Networking, HomePlug, IPTV, Market Research, MoCA, Router, VDSL
VDSL Port Shipments Grow to Record Level in the First Quarter
Jun 7, 2011 – According to a newly published report by Dell'Oro Group, VDSL port shipments reached a record level in the first quarter of 2011, surging almost 50% over the year-ago period.
News categories: Dell'Oro, Broadband, CPE, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, VDSL
Calix Selected by Tbaytel for Microsoft Mediaroom Powered IPTV Services Launch
Mar 7, 2011 – Calix (NYSE:CALX) has announced that Tbaytel has selected the Calix B6 Ethernet Service Access Node (ESAN) for its launch of advanced Microsoft Mediaroom (NASDAQ: MSFT) powered IPTV services in Thunder Bay, Ontario.
News categories: Calix, Tbaytel, Microsoft Mediaroom, Canada, Digital TV, Fibre, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, VDSL
New VDSL Subscribers to Quadruple by 2014
Feb 23, 2011 – New VDSL subscribers are set to nearly quadruple by 2014 as more competitors begin to ramp up their support for the technology, according to new IHS iSuppli research. A total of 23.3 million new VDSL subscribers were added in 2010.
News categories: iSuppli, Broadband, Market Research, Semiconductor, Subscribers, VDSL
Halstad Telephone Company selects Calix for trio of fiber access initiatives
Apr 13, 2010 – Calix (NYSE: CALX) has announced that Halstad Telephone Company (HTC) has selected the Calix Unified Access portfolio to deliver advanced IPTV services, data services, mobile backhaul, and VOIP services in Minnesota and North Dakota.
News categories: Calix, Halstad Telephone Company, Fibre, Infrastructure, IPTV, USA, VDSL
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)