ICs (Integrated Circuits), Chips, SoCs, Semiconductor Products News
ViXS announces world's first 10-bit Ultra HD 4K and HEVC transcoder chip
Apr 5, 2013 — ViXS Systems has announced its XCode Pro 350, the world's first silicon solution for transcoding 10-bit HEVC content to MPEG-2 and MPEG-4, enabling the media industry to save bandwidth for distributing existing content formats as well as the next-generation Ultra HD at 4K resolution.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Broadcasting, Digital TV, ICs, Infrastructure, NABShow, Semiconductor
Broadcom Announces Cost-Optimized Cable HD Set-Top Box SoCs
Mar 21, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first low cost, HD digital cable set-top box SoCs with integrated Full-Band Capture and IP video server technology. Broadcom's BCM7583 and BCM7584 devices provide entry-level HD and HD-DVR platforms for cable MSOs.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, CCBN, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic unveils cost-optimized set-top box SoCs at CCBN
Mar 21, 2013 — Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced the EN71xy family of set-top box SoCs. The products are designed for DTAs (digital terminal adapter), cable and terrestrial zappers and IP-Clients. Entropic is demonstrating the power and performance of the family at CCBN in Beijing.
News categories: Entropic, CCBN, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom announces high-definition cable digital-transport adapter SoC
Mar 11, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a high definition (HD) cable digital-transport adapter (DTA) system-on-a-chip (SoC) with integrated Full-Band Capture technology. The BCM7576 enables North American cable operators to provide enhanced basic digital HD services.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Broadcom launches industry's first single-chip DVB-T2 receiver SoC
Jan 28, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first fully integrated, single chip, DVB-T2 receiver SoC. The Broadcom BCM7563 includes a DVB-T2 tuner, demodulator, CPU, high-definition audio, video and graphics back-end.
News categories: Broadcom, CSTB, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
STMicroelectronics releases two new set-top box SoCs
Jan 8, 2013 — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has added two new devices to its range of set-top box (STB) system-on-chip ICs. The STiH253 integrates a DVB-T2 demodulator for terrestrial STBs. The STiH271EL is targeted at price-sensitive basic zapper markets.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Broadcom Unveils World's First Ultra HD TV Home Gateway Chip
Jan 8, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the world's first Ultra TV video decoder IC. The 28nm ARM-based BCM7445 supports the HEVC video coding standard and can simultaneously deliver four transcoded HD video streams over IP for content on any screen.
News categories: Broadcom, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor
STMicroelectronics launches first 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ICs
Jan 4, 2013 — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has revealed the first three chips in its new DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem IC family. These are believed to be the world's first DOCSIS 3.0 devices providing up to 16 downlink channels, with four uplink channels.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, ICs, Semiconductor
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results