SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2013: September 18-20, 2013: Orlando, FL
Rovi Advances Digital Entertainment With Technology Showcase at SCTE 2012
Oct 17, 2012 – Technologies on display at the Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) booth at SCTE Cable Tec Expo 2012 will include Rovi's adaptive bit rate streaming technology, guide innovations for multi-screen, and advanced discovery features and capabilities.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Home Networking, Media Player, Middleware, SCTE, Set Top Box
Columbus Communications Launches Digital IP Video Technology Platform with Evolution Digital, Conax and Cubiware
Oct 17, 2012 – Columbus Communications has announced that, in partnership with Evolution Digital, Conax and Cubiware, they are offering a Pre-Integrated Hybrid IP Video Platform in 25 countries in the greater Caribbean, Central America and Andean region.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Columbus Communications, Conax, Cubiware, DRM, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, SCTE, Set Top Box
Pace Sign License Agreement for Comcast Reference Development Kit (RDK)
Oct 17, 2012 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it is licensing the Reference Development Kit (RDK) from Comcast (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK). The RDK is pre-integrated software that creates a common framework for powering tru2way®, IP or hybrid STBs and video gateways.
News categories: Pace plc, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Licensing, Middleware, OCAP, SCTE, Set Top Box, USA
Entone Magi™ Takes CATV Over-The-Top
Oct 15, 2012 – Entone is unveiling its Magi™ Hybrid CATV Media Gateway at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo. Magi enables cable operators to deliver a Hybrid TV service that combines live TV, DVR and cloud-based (OTT) services over analog, digital or hybrid cable systems.
News categories: Entone, Cable TV, Gateway, Personal Video Recorder, SCTE
Massillon Cable Selects Motorola Medios SecureMedia® for Multi-Device Content Delivery
Oct 11, 2012 – Independent cable innovator, Massillon Cable, based in Ohio, USA, has selected Medios SecureMedia® Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+ from Motorola Mobility to securely deliver its premium content across devices such as smartphones and tablets.
News categories: SecureMedia, Massillon Cable, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, SCTE, TV Everywhere, USA
Envivio to Showcase Enhanced MPEG-2 Video Processing and TV Anytime, on Any Device at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo
Oct 11, 2012 – At SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) will showcase its software-based solutions for traditional TV and TV Everywhere, as well as capabilities that enhance multi-screen services by bringing time-shifted TV Anytime to mobile devices
News categories: Envivio, Cable TV, Infrastructure, SCTE
Motive Television Introduces TV Anytime Anywhere™ VOD Platform for US Cable
Oct 9, 2012 – Motive Television (AIM: MTV.LN) has announced the launch of its TV Anytime Anywhere™ platform for cable in the U.S. The platform delivers on-demand video and live TV to STBs and mobile devices without the need for costly CDN infrastructure.
News categories: Motive Television, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, SCTE, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, USA
SeaChange Presents Its MultiScreen Cloud-Based Video Software Platform at Cable-Tec Expo
Oct 1, 2012 – SeaChange International (Nasdaq: SEAC) will present its intelligent video software platform for monetizing video services on TVs, tablets, smartphones, PCs and other devices at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo (Orlando, Oct. 17-19, booth 2427).
News categories: SeaChange, Cable TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, SCTE, TV Everywhere
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4