CSTB Exhibition and Forum: January 29-31, 2013: Crocus Expo, Moscow, Russia
RSCC Picks Irdeto to Protect New Direct-to-Operator Satellite Services
Jan 31, 2013 – Irdeto has announced that Russian Satellite Communications Company (RSCC) has selected Irdeto as a main provider of media protection solutions to secure the content of the commercial TV channels distributed via RSCC satellites.
News categories: Irdeto, RSCC, Content Protection, CSTB, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Aston releases Mstar Semiconductor-based satellite receiver
Jan 31, 2013 – At CSTB in Moscow, Aston has introduced its XENA HD Twin +. The new twin tuner, MPEG-4 HD PVR DVB-S2 satellite receiver is packed with the best of Aston technology and is the outcome of a partnership with MStar Semiconductor.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Conax and Quadrille partner to launch Push-VOD turnkey solution
Jan 30, 2013 – Conax and Quadrille have announced that they have teamed up to bring on the market a combined version of their respective best-selling products: Conax Contego™ and Quadrille's QuadriFast Push VOD solution.
News categories: Conax, Quadrille, Content Protection, CSTB, Infrastructure
ST's Set-Top Box SoC Powers Aston's New HD Satellite Receiver
Jan 30, 2013 – During the CSTB 2013 show in Moscow, Aston is showcasing the first prototype of its Maya HD PVR satellite receiver built around the latest-generation HD H.264 STiH237 (Cardiff) decoder chipset from STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM).
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Aston, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom launches industry's first single-chip DVB-T2 receiver SoC
Jan 28, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first fully integrated, single chip, DVB-T2 receiver SoC. The Broadcom BCM7563 includes a DVB-T2 tuner, demodulator, CPU, high-definition audio, video and graphics back-end.
News categories: Broadcom, CSTB, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Broadcom showcases set-top box innovations at CSTB Moscow
Jan 28, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) is showcasing its latest generation of cable, satellite, IP and terrestrial TV solutions at the CSTB Exhibition and Forum, the premier broadcasting and telecommunications event in Russia.
News categories: Broadcom, CSTB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Russia's MegaFon deploys Verimatrix VCAS for IPTV and OTT services
Jan 25, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced the deployment of a multi-network Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) solution to secure MegaFon's combined IPTV and over-the-top (OTT) video services.
News categories: Verimatrix, MegaFon, MegaLabs, Conditional Access, Content Protection, CSTB, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Russia
ALi partners with MNITI and ADAKTA to provide DVB-T2 STB solutions for Russia
Jan 23, 2013 – ALi Corporation (3041.TW) has announced that ALi's DVB-T2 solutions for the Russian market are ready for mass production. ALi has been cooperating with local Russian partners in developing various STB solutions tailored to suit the Russian market.
News categories: ALi Corp, MNITI, ADAKTA, CSTB, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)