Ukraine Digital TV News
Dune HD and VOLIA enter partnership agreement
Sep 9, 2013 – Dune HD and Ukraine's VOLIA have announced a partnership agreement. As a result of a public tender, Dune HD set-top boxes (STB) have been accepted by VOLIA, with Dune HD chosen as a supplier of Over-the-Top (OTT) STBs for this service provider.
News categories: Dune HD, VOLIA, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Ukraine
Lybid TV deploys Exset conditional access for Ukrainian launch
Aug 1, 2013 – Exset has revealed that its conditional access technology - Exset CAS - has been deployed by Lybid TV, a new pay-TV DTH platform for the Ukraine. Lybid TV, which launched in July this year can be received on a 60cm dish via Eutelsat.
News categories: Exset, Lybid TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
Ukraine's Lybid TV launches on EUTELSAT 36B
Jul 26, 2013 – Lybid TV, a new Ukrainian satellite pay-TV platform, has initiated full commercial operations. The platform has signed a multi-year lease for two transponders on EUTELSAT 36B and is broadcasting up to 50 digital channels.
News categories: EUTELSAT, Lybid TV, Infrastructure, Satellite, Ukraine
Verimatrix Secures VOLIA's Over-the-Top Service
May 29, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that VOLIA, a leading Ukrainian cable operator, has chosen the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) for Internet TV solution to secure over-the-top (OTT) video for its new VOLIA Smart HD service.
News categories: Verimatrix, VOLIA, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Ukraine
Ukraine's Lybid TV DTH begins broadcasting
Mar 29, 2013 – Lybid TV has announced that it has begun broadcasting of its satellite TV service in Ukraine. The full launch is planned for April 15th.
News categories: Lybid TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
Volia launches hybrid TV in Ukraine with Entone
Mar 26, 2013 – Entone has announced that Ukrainian cable operator Volia has selected the Entone platform for delivering Hybrid TV services. Technology consulting firm Azdio is serving as overall system integrator on the project.
News categories: Entone, Volia, Azdio, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Ukraine
Volia Selects Minerva Platform to Offer Multiscreen Television Services
Mar 20, 2013 – Minerva Networks has announced that Volia has deployed Minerva iTVFusion for its advanced TV services. The system will enable the Ukrainian operator to offer pay TV services over third-party broadband networks, significantly increasing its service footprint.
News categories: Minerva, Volia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Ukraine
2.5 million DTT households in Ukraine
Feb 26, 2013 – According to the chairman of the State Committee on Television and Radio Broadcasting of Ukraine, there were 2.5 million households receiving digital terrestrial television in the country at the end of 2012.
News categories: State Committee on Television and Radio Broadcasting of Ukraine, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)