Ukraine Digital TV News
VOLIA selects NEOTION CI Plus CONAX CSP CA Modules
Apr 5, 2012 — NEOTION has been selected by VOLIA, a major Ukrainian Cable TV Operator to provide CI Plus CONAX CSP CA Modules. These CI Plus CONAX CSP CAM can easily be directly inserted into the CI Plus interface present on all iDTVs and on CI Plus Set-Top Boxes.
News categories: NEOTION, VOLIA, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Smart card / CAM, Ukraine
Recession fails to halt digital TV expansion in Eastern Europe
Apr 2, 2012 — According to a new report from Digital TV Research, 2012 is a watershed year for Eastern Europe as the number of digital homes for the 15 forecast countries will exceed the analog total for the first time.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Market Research, Poland, Romania, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
Ukraine's Zeonbud Rolls Out DVB-T2 Using Harris' Media Convergence Platform
Mar 28, 2012 — Harris (NYSE:HRS) has announced that its Selenio™ media convergence platform is helping Zeonbud launch its national DVB-T2 broadcast network in the Ukraine. Harris' Selenio is a turnkey DVB-T2 video headend solution.
News categories: Harris Corp, Zeonbud, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Terrestrial, Ukraine
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 — European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
EBU drive will bring Hybrid TV into European homes in 2012
Dec 1, 2011 — More than 20 EBU Members have agreed to collaborate to unlock the full potential of Hybrid TV for a European rollout of the technology in 2012. The announcement came as the EBU opened its 67th General Assembly, at the EBU headquarters, in Geneva.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, DVB-MHP, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, MHEG-5, Middleware, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Smart TV, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
Lybid TV satellite test broadcasting begins in Ukraine
Sep 5, 2011 — Test broadcasting of the DTH satellite service 'Lybid TV' in the Ukraine has begun on EUTELSAT W7A. General Satellite is the technology partner for the project. Commercial broadcasting is to start in late 2011.
News categories: General Satellite, Satellite, Set Top Box, Ukraine
Spacecom to Provide Satellite Capacity for New Ukrainian DTH service Xtra TV
Aug 2, 2011 — Spacecom (Tel Aviv: SCC) has announced that it has been contracted by a new Ukrainian direct-to-home television broadcaster to beam programming from Spacecom’s Amos-3 satellite at 4° west in a multiyear agreement valued at up to $19 million.
News categories: Spacecom, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Satellite, Ukraine
Divan.TV OTT service launches in Ukraine
Jul 23, 2011 — Divan.TV has announced a new OTT product for Eastern Europe. The company will offer the service via a media player connected to the TV, offering television, VOD, messaging, internet, video conferencing, e-commerce apps, payments, etc.
News categories: Divan.TV, Aventures Capital, OTT, Set Top Box, Ukraine
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results