Ukraine Digital TV News
Viasat Nordic satellite subscriber base continues to decline
Feb 13, 2013 – Modern Times Group (MTG) [Stockholm: MTGA, MTGB] has announced results for the quarter ended 31 December 2012. Viasat's Nordic satellite subscriber base ended 2012 at 592,000, down from 603,000 at the end of the previous quarter and from 638,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Baltics, Finland, Norway, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden, Ukraine
Cable TV subscribers in Ukraine down 79,000 in 4Q 2012
Feb 11, 2013 – According to the State Statistics Service of Ukraine there were 3,540,300 residential cable TV subscribers in the country at the beginning of January 2013, down from 3,619,500 at the beginning of October 2012.
News categories: State Statistics Service of Ukraine, Cable TV, Subscribers, Ukraine
3.6 million cable TV subscribers in Ukraine
Nov 12, 2012 – According to the State Statistics Service of Ukraine, there were 3.6 million residential cable TV subscribers in the country at the beginning of October 2012.
News categories: State Statistics Service of Ukraine, Cable TV, Digital TV, Subscribers, Ukraine
MTG launches new pre-paid satellite pay-TV service in Ukraine
Sep 25, 2012 – Modern Times Group (STO: MTGA, MTGB) has announced that it has launched 'UA.TV', a pre-paid satellite pay-TV service in Ukraine. UA.TV is sold on a monthly pre-paid basis and is available alongside MTG's Viasat Ukraine satellite pay-TV platform.
News categories: Modern Times Group, Viasat, Digital TV, Satellite, Ukraine
VOLIA selects NEOTION CI Plus CONAX CSP CA Modules
Apr 5, 2012 – NEOTION has been selected by VOLIA, a major Ukrainian Cable TV Operator to provide CI Plus CONAX CSP CA Modules. These CI Plus CONAX CSP CAM can easily be directly inserted into the CI Plus interface present on all iDTVs and on CI Plus Set-Top Boxes.
News categories: NEOTION, VOLIA, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Smart card / CAM, Ukraine
Recession fails to halt digital TV expansion in Eastern Europe
Apr 2, 2012 – According to a new report from Digital TV Research, 2012 is a watershed year for Eastern Europe as the number of digital homes for the 15 forecast countries will exceed the analog total for the first time.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Market Research, Poland, Romania, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
Ukraine's Zeonbud Rolls Out DVB-T2 Using Harris' Media Convergence Platform
Mar 28, 2012 – Harris (NYSE:HRS) has announced that its Selenio™ media convergence platform is helping Zeonbud launch its national DVB-T2 broadcast network in the Ukraine. Harris' Selenio is a turnkey DVB-T2 video headend solution.
News categories: Harris Corp, Zeonbud, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Terrestrial, Ukraine
EBU Members offered free applications to 'fast-track' launch of HbbTV
Feb 2, 2012 – European Broadcasting Union (EBU) Members will be offered generic applications to deploy Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) during the Olympics and the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC), when audiences peak.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Apps, Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Europe, Finland, France, Germany, HbbTV, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV