DTV (HDTV), Digital TV News
TV Makers Looking to New Designs and Features to Break out of Commodity Trap
Dec 30, 2009 — According to DisplaySearch, TV manufacturers are developing a wide variety of design features to differentiate products and slow price declines. For example, in 2010, shipments of sets with MPEG-4 decoders will surpass those with MPEG-2.
News categories: DisplaySearch, 3D, China, Digital TV, DTV, Europe, Home Networking, Japan, Korea, LCD TV, Market Research, North America, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Nearly Half of U.S. Households Have an HDTV Set
Nov 30, 2009 — New consumer research from Leichtman Research Group (LRG) found that 46% of households in the United States have at least one high definition television (HDTV) set -- approximately double the percentage of households that had an HDTV set two years ago.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Digital TV, DTV, Market Research, USA
U.S. Full-Power TV Broadcasters Go All-Digital
Jun 13, 2009 — The historic switch to digital television in the U.S. prompted hundreds of thousands of consumers to call for assistance but caused no widespread disruption of free, over-the-air television broadcasts.
News categories: FCC, ATSC, Digital TV, DTV, Infrastructure, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
One Day Until U.S. DTV Transition
Jun 11, 2009 — On the eve of an historic technological transition to digital television, the focus for the FCC and NTIA, the two agencies managing the switch, is on helping Americans who are at risk of losing their TV signals.
News categories: FCC, NTIA, ATSC, Digital TV, DTV, Infrastructure, Regulation, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Statement of President Barack Obama on Signing the DTV Bill
Feb 11, 2009 — President Barack Obama has signed S.352, a bill to postpone the DTV transition date to June 12th to allow for more time for the American consumers to prepare for the switch from analog television.
News categories: Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee, Committee on Energy and Commerce, The White House, ATSC, CECB, Digital TV, DTV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Zoran Ships New HDTV Processor Family With Advanced Audio Processing and Color Management Capabilities
Nov 17, 2008 — Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) has announced that its highly integrated SupraHD® 775 and SupraHD® 785 HDTV processors are shipping to qualified DTV manufacturers supplying the high-volume, cost-sensitive ATSC digital TV market in the U.S.
News categories: Zoran, ATSC, Digital TV, DTV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
DISH Network® Launches Next-Gen Digital-To-Analog Converter Box: DTVPal™ Plus
Sep 24, 2008 — DISH Network (Nasdaq: DISH) has announced the availability of the DTVPal™ Plus digital-to-analog converter box. The DTVPal™ Plus offers all the features of the DTVPal™, plus an enhanced digital tuner for optimizing weak signal areas.
News categories: DTVPal, DISH Network, ATSC, CECB, DTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Zentek announces Active Format Description software
Sep 19, 2008 — Zentek has announced the successful completion of Active Format Description (AFD) software for ATSC demodulators. AFD allows broadcasters to control the timing of the aspect ratio switches more accurately than using MPEG signaling alone.
News categories: Zentek, ATSC, DTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market