S-DMB (Satellite – Digital Multimedia Broadcasting) News
Cellular Mobile TV a 'Niche', but Still Drives Billions in Revenue
Sep 9, 2010 – It has been a rough few years for subscription mobile TV deployments, as a number of plans never came to fruition and several of those that were launched have been shut down. However, In-Stat sees a recovery in 2010, particularly in Asia/Pacific.
News categories: In-Stat, ATSC Mobile DTV, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, LTE, Market Research, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, One-Seg, S-DMB, T-DMB
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, ATSC Mobile DTV, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, CMMB, Colombia, Czech Republic, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, ISDB, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, One-Seg, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, S-DMB, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, T-DMB, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
DMB Alliance and International DMB Advancement Group join forces
Dec 14, 2009 – Korea's DMB Alliance and the International DMB Advancement Group (IDAG) have joined forces in order to better coordinate and promote Digital Multimedia Broadcasting (DMB) mobile television initiatives around the world.
News categories: IDAG, DMB Alliance, DAB, Multiscreen, S-DMB, T-DMB
Korea to launch DMB 2.0 interactive services
Nov 26, 2009 – Korea's six terrestrial digital multimedia broadcasting (DMB) operators plan to introduce 'DMB 2.0' mobile internet-based interactive services such as e-commerce, stock updates and personal video recordings in December.
News categories: Korea, S-DMB, T-DMB
Q2-09 was a Record-Setting Mobile TV Quarter
Oct 28, 2009 – Issue No. 10 of the quarterly TeleAnalytics Mobile TV Tracking Service (TMTS) quantitatively substantiates the position taken back in Q3-08 that the worldwide Mobile TV adoption/sales would not be much upset by the financial crisis.
News categories: TeleAnalytics, ATSC Mobile DTV, Brazil, China, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, Europe, ISDB-T, Japan, Korea, LTE, Market Research, Multiscreen, One-Seg, Russia, S-DMB, SBTVD, T-DMB, USA
Mobile TV Device Volumes Will Not Decline in 2009
Jul 23, 2009 – TeleAnalytics has calculated that the end-2009 Mobile TV user count will be in the 80.8 million to 81.9 million range. Mobile TV device sales will at worst remain flat, but an increase of up to 2% may be witnessed with respect to the 2008 sales total.
News categories: TeleAnalytics, Brazil, China, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, Europe, Japan, Korea, Market Research, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, One-Seg, S-DMB, Subscribers, T-DMB, USA
Korea's Mobile TV Audience Reaches 22 Million
Jun 26, 2009 – The number of mobile television viewers in South Korea has reached 22 million as digital multimedia broadcasting (DMB) reception has become a standard feature of mobile handsets in the country.
News categories: Digital TV, Korea, Market Research, Multiscreen, S-DMB, Subscribers, T-DMB
DMB countries join forces for mobile TV push
Jun 11, 2009 – Five countries engaged with DMB have established an organization that will support mobile TV services via DMB and related services. The International DMB Advancement Group (IDAG) has members from the Netherlands, Norway, UK, Malta and Italy.
News categories: DAB, Digital TV, Italy, Malta, Multiscreen, Netherlands, Norway, S-DMB, T-DMB, UK
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households