DVB-SH (Satellite to Handheld) News
Solaris Mobile Announces 2nd Generation Mobile Pocket Gateway Device
Sep 8, 2010 – Solaris Mobile has announced the development of its 2nd Generation Mobile Pocket Gateway device allowing the reception of services in S-Band on smart phones.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Elektrobit, DVB-SH, Europe, Gateway, IBCShow, Multiscreen, Portable
Alcatel-Lucent and ETHER demo DVB-SH over UHF in Ukraine
May 12, 2010 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE:ALU) and Ukrainian Television and Radio Company ETHER have successfully completed field tests that demonstrated for the first time in a live network the viability of the DVB-SH format using the UHF band.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Digital TV, DVB-SH, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, Ukraine
Solaris Mobile Presents Plans for Commercial Content Distribution across France
Mar 24, 2010 – Solaris Mobile has presented its plans for commercial content distribution within the French market at a meeting in Paris hosted by the French Forum TV Mobile. The presentation was attended by representatives from across the broadcast industry.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, DVB-SH, France, Multiscreen
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, ATSC Mobile DTV, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, CMMB, Colombia, Czech Republic, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, ISDB, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, One-Seg, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, S-DMB, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, T-DMB, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
Solaris Mobile Announces Pocket Gateway Device
Feb 12, 2010 – Solaris Mobile has announced the development of the Solaris Mobile Pocket Gateway, a pocket sized S-band receiver which decodes DVB-SH TV, radio & data streams and relays them over WiFi via a mini web server built into the device.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Digital TV, DVB-SH, Home Server, Multiscreen, MWC13
Car and PND Mobile TV Market Set to Double by 2015
Dec 22, 2009 – Worldwide shipments of mobile television systems for cars, consisting both of solutions embedded into cars and included in Portable Navigation Devices (PNDs), are expected to more than double from 2009 to 2015, according to iSuppli Corp.
News categories: iSuppli, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, DVB-SH, In-Car, Market Research, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, One-Seg, T-DMB
Alcatel-Lucent, Solaris Mobile and towerCast team up for DVB-SH mobile TV in Paris
Nov 26, 2009 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU), Solaris Mobile and towerCast have announced the first satellite broadcast infrastructure to demonstrate potential services using DVB-SH to be deployed in Paris and surrounding suburbs.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Solaris Mobile, towerCast, Dibcom, Digital TV, DVB-SH, France, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, Semiconductor
DVB at IBC 2009
Sep 11, 2009 – DVB-T2 takes pride of place on this year's DVB stand. Also on show is a local transmission utilising the DVB-SH standard. Other DVB technologies highlighted include DVB-C2, the second generation cable transmission system.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-C2, DVB-SH, DVB-T2, IBCShow
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal