DVB-SH (Satellite to Handheld) News
Solaris Mobile Announces 2nd Generation Mobile Pocket Gateway Device
Sep 8, 2010 — Solaris Mobile has announced the development of its 2nd Generation Mobile Pocket Gateway device allowing the reception of services in S-Band on smart phones.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Elektrobit, DVB-SH, Europe, Gateway, IBC, Mobile, Portable
Alcatel-Lucent and ETHER demo DVB-SH over UHF in Ukraine
May 12, 2010 — Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE:ALU) and Ukrainian Television and Radio Company ETHER have successfully completed field tests that demonstrated for the first time in a live network the viability of the DVB-SH format using the UHF band.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Digital TV, DVB-SH, Infrastructure, Mobile, Ukraine
Solaris Mobile Presents Plans for Commercial Content Distribution across France
Mar 24, 2010 — Solaris Mobile has presented its plans for commercial content distribution within the French market at a meeting in Paris hosted by the French Forum TV Mobile. The presentation was attended by representatives from across the broadcast industry.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, DVB-SH, France, Mobile
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 — An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, ATSC Mobile DTV, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, CMMB, Colombia, Czech Republic, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, ISDB, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, MediaFLO, Mobile, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, One-Seg, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, S-DMB, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, T-DMB, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
Solaris Mobile Announces Pocket Gateway Device
Feb 12, 2010 — Solaris Mobile has announced the development of the Solaris Mobile Pocket Gateway, a pocket sized S-band receiver which decodes DVB-SH TV, radio & data streams and relays them over WiFi via a mini web server built into the device.
News categories: Solaris Mobile, Digital TV, DVB-SH, Home Server, Mobile, MWC13
Car and PND Mobile TV Market Set to Double by 2015
Dec 22, 2009 — Worldwide shipments of mobile television systems for cars, consisting both of solutions embedded into cars and included in Portable Navigation Devices (PNDs), are expected to more than double from 2009 to 2015, according to iSuppli Corp.
News categories: iSuppli, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, DVB-SH, In-Car, Market Research, MediaFLO, Mobile, One-Seg, T-DMB
Alcatel-Lucent, Solaris Mobile and towerCast team up for DVB-SH mobile TV in Paris
Nov 26, 2009 — Alcatel-Lucent (Paris and NYSE: ALU), Solaris Mobile and towerCast have announced the first satellite broadcast infrastructure to demonstrate potential services using DVB-SH to be deployed in Paris and surrounding suburbs.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Solaris Mobile, towerCast, Dibcom, Digital TV, DVB-SH, France, Infrastructure, Mobile, Semiconductor
DVB at IBC 2009
Sep 11, 2009 — DVB-T2 takes pride of place on this year’s DVB stand. Also on show is a local transmission utilising the DVB-SH standard. Other DVB technologies highlighted include DVB-C2, the second generation cable transmission system.
News categories: DVB Project, DVB-C2, DVB-SH, DVB-T2, IBC
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps