MBMS (Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service) News
Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
Dec 2, 2013 – Sequans Communications (NYSE:SQNS) has announced that it is collaborating with Huawei to advance eMBMS technology. eMBMS, also known as LTE Broadcast, is a technology that reduces the cost of delivering high-bandwidth content over LTE networks.
News categories: Sequans, Huawei, Digital TV, Infrastructure, LTE, MBMS, Semiconductor
World's First Complete Solution for Broadcast Video Over LTE Networks
Feb 25, 2013 – To respond to the growing need for video over LTE, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching an end-to-end solution. The solution will be shown at Mobile World Congress 2013 in collaboration with Verizon, Telstra and Qualcomm.
News categories: Ericsson, Digital TV, Infrastructure, LTE, MBMS, MWC13
Expway eMBMS Solution Allows Mobile Operators to off-Load Mobile Traffic by 20%
Feb 22, 2013 – Expway has announced the launch of the 5th generation of its Mobile Broadcast software, the eMBMS solution, at the Mobile World Congress 2013. The solution enables Mobile Operators to broadcast any content, live or on-demand, over their LTE network.
News categories: Expway, Infrastructure, LTE, MBMS, Media Player, Middleware, Multiscreen, MWC13
GSMA Endorses Integrated Mobile Broadcast (IMB), a New 3GPP Standard
Sep 9, 2009 – The GSMA has announced that it has endorsed a new 3GPP standard, Integrated Mobile Broadcast (IMB), that will allow its members to accelerate the adoption of mobile data and broadcast services worldwide.
News categories: GSMA, Digital TV, Infrastructure, LTE, MBMS, Multiscreen
Mobile video phone sales surge; paid services and revenue do not
Aug 18, 2009 – Infonetics Research has released a new Mobile Video Equipment, Phones, Services, and Subscribers report. Infonetics expects 397 million mobile video phones to sell worldwide in 2013, creating a market worth tens of billions of dollars.
News categories: Infonetics Research, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Hardware, LTE, Market Research, MBMS, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, OTT
472 Million to Receive Mobile TV by 2013
Mar 20, 2009 – The number of people receiving Mobile TV will reach 472 million by 2013 according to an analysis by Cantab Wireless. Subscriber growth is anticipated to be strongest in Asia at first, especially in Korea and Japan.
News categories: Cantab Wireless, CDMB, CMB, CMMB, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-H, DVB-SH, LTE, Market Research, MBMS, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, One-Seg, S-DMB, STiMi, Subscribers, T-DMB, T-MMB
Mobile video phone sales hit $99B in 2007
Jun 24, 2008 – Infonetics Research has reported that worldwide mobile video phone sales neared $99 billion in 2007 and are expected to grow strongly over the next 5 years, despite the challenge service providers face in making mobile video services profitable.
News categories: Infonetics Research, CMMB, DAB, Digital TV, DVB-H, LTE, Market Research, MBMS, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, One-Seg, S-DMB, Subscribers, T-DMB
485 Million to Receive Mobile TV by 2013
Jun 4, 2008 – The number of people receiving Mobile TV will reach 485 million by 2013, with subscriber growth anticipated to be strongest in Asia at first, especially in Korea and Japan, according to predictions made by Cantab Wireless.
News categories: Cantab Wireless, CDMB, CMB, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-H, ISDB-T, Market Research, MBMS, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, One-Seg, S-DMB, Satellite, Subscribers, T-DMB
- ALi partners with LG and Shenzhen Jiuzhou on ATSC STB for Mexico
- Over 200 million connected TVs and attached content devices expected in U.S. homes by 2015
- Ecuador adds 108,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- ViXS begins shipments of industry's first SoC to support Ultra HD 4K and 10-bit HEVC
- France Télévisions develops FranceTV Pluzz multiscreen offer with Anevia
- Spain's rate of pay TV subscriber loss slows to 31,000 in 3Q 2013
- Peregrine ships RF switch for TVs, Set-Top Boxes and DVRs
- Alticast to premiere HDMI stick set-top box at CES2014
- Egatel provides transmitters for Chile's first DTT transmissions
- FiOS TV app now available on Xbox One
- Clearleap and Accedo partner to provide seamless and scalable multiscreen solutions
- 3.2 million pay TV subscribers in Ukraine's 33 largest cities
- Canal Digital Kabel launches on demand services powered by Espial
- Mediaset launches Infinity OTT on Tivùon! platform with Intertrust DRM
- Channel Master introduces DVR+ hybrid PVR for US DTT
- Hrvatski Telekom deploys SmarDTV SmarCAM-3.5 CI Plus modules
- Siano launches advanced receiver chip for DVB-T2
- Connected TV device ownership to double by 2017
- Silicon Image introduces MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD solution for mobile devices
- ALi secure STB chipset receives NOCS certification from NAGRA