MBMS (Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service) News
World's First Complete Solution for Broadcast Video Over LTE Networks
Feb 25, 2013 – To respond to the growing need for video over LTE, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching an end-to-end solution. The solution will be shown at Mobile World Congress 2013 in collaboration with Verizon, Telstra and Qualcomm.
News categories: Ericsson, Digital TV, Infrastructure, LTE, MBMS, MWC13
Expway eMBMS Solution Allows Mobile Operators to off-Load Mobile Traffic by 20%
Feb 22, 2013 – Expway has announced the launch of the 5th generation of its Mobile Broadcast software, the eMBMS solution, at the Mobile World Congress 2013. The solution enables Mobile Operators to broadcast any content, live or on-demand, over their LTE network.
News categories: Expway, Infrastructure, LTE, MBMS, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, MWC13
GSMA Endorses Integrated Mobile Broadcast (IMB), a New 3GPP Standard
Sep 9, 2009 – The GSMA has announced that it has endorsed a new 3GPP standard, Integrated Mobile Broadcast (IMB), that will allow its members to accelerate the adoption of mobile data and broadcast services worldwide.
News categories: GSMA, Digital TV, Infrastructure, LTE, MBMS, Mobile
Mobile video phone sales surge; paid services and revenue do not
Aug 18, 2009 – Infonetics Research has released a new Mobile Video Equipment, Phones, Services, and Subscribers report. Infonetics expects 397 million mobile video phones to sell worldwide in 2013, creating a market worth tens of billions of dollars.
News categories: Infonetics Research, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Hardware, LTE, Market Research, MBMS, MediaFLO, Mobile, OTT
472 Million to Receive Mobile TV by 2013
Mar 20, 2009 – The number of people receiving Mobile TV will reach 472 million by 2013 according to an analysis by Cantab Wireless. Subscriber growth is anticipated to be strongest in Asia at first, especially in Korea and Japan.
News categories: Cantab Wireless, CDMB, CMB, CMMB, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-H, DVB-SH, LTE, Market Research, MBMS, MediaFLO, Mobile, One-Seg, S-DMB, STiMi, Subscribers, T-DMB, T-MMB
Mobile video phone sales hit $99B in 2007
Jun 24, 2008 – Infonetics Research has reported that worldwide mobile video phone sales neared $99 billion in 2007 and are expected to grow strongly over the next 5 years, despite the challenge service providers face in making mobile video services profitable.
News categories: Infonetics Research, CMMB, DAB, Digital TV, DVB-H, LTE, Market Research, MBMS, MediaFLO, Mobile, One-Seg, S-DMB, Subscribers, T-DMB
485 Million to Receive Mobile TV by 2013
Jun 4, 2008 – The number of people receiving Mobile TV will reach 485 million by 2013, with subscriber growth anticipated to be strongest in Asia at first, especially in Korea and Japan, according to predictions made by Cantab Wireless.
News categories: Cantab Wireless, CDMB, CMB, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-H, ISDB-T, Market Research, MBMS, MediaFLO, Mobile, One-Seg, S-DMB, Satellite, Subscribers, T-DMB
Huawei and Qualcomm Complete Europe's First MBMS Field Trial with Telecom Italia
Apr 23, 2008 – Huawei and Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) have announced the completion of Europe's first MBMS (Multimedia Broadcast Multicast Service) field trial, carried out in conjunction with Telecom Italia.
News categories: Huawei, QUALCOMM, Telecom Italia, Digital TV, Italy, MBMS, Mobile, Semiconductor
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA