CommunicAsia / BroadcastAsia 2013: June 18-21, 2013: Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
AltoBeam and UMC demonstrate DVB-T2/T/C/S2/S demodulator
Jul 30, 2013 – AltoBeam and UMC (NYSE:UMC)(TWSE:2303) have announced the release of AltoBeam's DVB-T2/T/C/S2/S demodulator. The ATBM7812 utilizes UMC's proprietary URAM embedded memory technology on 300mm wafers to enable higher performance and smaller chip size.
News categories: AltoBeam, UMC, Cable TV, CommunicAsia, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Terrestrial
HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
Jun 19, 2013 – Three HbbTV technology vendors have combined their knowledge and products to present an HbbTV toolbox for broadcasters at BroadcastAsia. The partnership is between Screen, Icareus and Digisoft.tv.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Icareus, Screen Systems, CommunicAsia, HbbTV, Infrastructure, Middleware
Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
Jun 18, 2013 – Verimatrix has announced that NTT Plala, a major Japanese Internet service provider, will deploy the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) to secure Hikari-TV for smartphones. Hikari-TV is the largest Internet TV service available in Japan.
News categories: Verimatrix, NTT Plala, CommunicAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Japan, Multiscreen, OTT, Smartphone
STMicroelectronics to showcase Set-Top Box IC portfolio at CommunicAsia 2013
Jun 17, 2013 – At CommunicAsia 2013, STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) will demonstrate its latest set-top box SoCs enabling the region's operators to address key challenges including analog-signal switch-off and rapidly growing subscriber volumes.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, CommunicAsia, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
Jun 14, 2013 – MEASAT has begun trials with Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC) to demonstrate the ability to provide live Ultra High Definition TV (UHDTV) video contribution over MEASAT's satellite network.
News categories: Ericsson, MEASAT, CommunicAsia, Infrastructure, Malaysia, Satellite
MediaScape adds satellite capacity for Cignal TV in the Philippines
Jun 20, 2012 – SES (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced a new agreement with MediaScape to provide additional capacity on the SES-7 satellite. The additional capacity will enable MediaScape to ramp up its Cignal TV DTH offering to 15 HD and 51 SD channels.
News categories: SES S.A., Cignal TV, CommunicAsia, Philippines, Satellite, Subscribers
Envivio Selected for StarHub's HDTV, Mobile and OTT Video Service Expansion
Jun 20, 2012 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced that the Envivio 4Caster™ encoders powered by Envivio Muse™ software have been deployed by StarHub for HDTV, OTT and mobile TV services. StarHub serves more than 544,000 TV households in Singapore.
News categories: Envivio, StarHub, Cable TV, CommunicAsia, Infrastructure, OTT, Singapore, Subscribers, Tablet
Global IPTV subscribers grow by 3.8 million in Q1 2012 to 65.6 million
Jun 20, 2012 – According to figures published by the Broadband Forum and prepared by Point Topic, IPTV now has 65.6 million subscribers globally, up 3.8 million in the quarter. China added over three times as many IPTV subscribers in the quarter as any other country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, CommunicAsia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households