CommunicAsia / BroadcastAsia 2013: June 18-21, 2013: Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
MediaScape adds satellite capacity for Cignal TV in the Philippines
Jun 20, 2012 — SES (Paris; LuxX: SESG) has announced a new agreement with MediaScape to provide additional capacity on the SES-7 satellite. The additional capacity will enable MediaScape to ramp up its Cignal TV DTH offering to 15 HD and 51 SD channels.
News categories: SES S.A., Cignal TV, CommunicAsia, Philippines, Satellite, Subscribers
Envivio Selected for StarHub's HDTV, Mobile and OTT Video Service Expansion
Jun 20, 2012 — Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced that the Envivio 4Caster™ encoders powered by Envivio Muse™ software have been deployed by StarHub for HDTV, OTT and mobile TV services. StarHub serves more than 544,000 TV households in Singapore.
News categories: Envivio, StarHub, Cable TV, CommunicAsia, Infrastructure, OTT, Singapore, Subscribers, Tablet
Global IPTV subscribers grow by 3.8 million in Q1 2012 to 65.6 million
Jun 20, 2012 — According to figures published by the Broadband Forum and prepared by Point Topic, IPTV now has 65.6 million subscribers globally, up 3.8 million in the quarter. China added over three times as many IPTV subscribers in the quarter as any other country.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Point Topic, Belgium, Broadband, China, CommunicAsia, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Fibre, France, Germany, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Russia, Subscribers, Taiwan, USA
Verimatrix Chosen to Provide Revenue Security for Nepal's Only DTH Service
Jun 20, 2012 — Verimatrix has announced that Dish Media Network has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority (VCAS™) 3 system on its DVB-S2 network. Kathmandu-based Dish Media Network is Nepal's only satellite-based direct-to-home (DTH) service provider.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dish Media Network, CommunicAsia, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Nepal, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box
Irdeto multi-screen solution selected for Astro On-the-Go
Jun 19, 2012 — Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Astro has selected the company's patented Broadband multi-screen TV services and ActiveCloak™ for Media solutions to launch Astro On-the-Go (OTG), a new over-the-top (OTT) service for connected devices.
News categories: Irdeto, Astro, CommunicAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Malaysia, OTT
Verimatrix Secures Quickflix OTT Streaming Movie Service
Jun 18, 2012 — Verimatrix has announced that Quickflix is securing its over-the-top (OTT) video-on-demand (VoD) service with the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV. Quickflix is Australia's leading online movie rental company.
News categories: Verimatrix, Quickflix, Australia, CommunicAsia, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
httv launches STB remote control app at BroadcastAsia
Jun 14, 2012 — At this year Broadcast Asia, httv is launching a feature which enables viewers to interact with their STB using a smart phone or a tablet. This service is associated with the httvBOX, httv’s software turnkey solution for connected STB.
News categories: httv, Apps, CommunicAsia, Middleware, Set Top Box
Viaccess Selected to Protect Skynindo's Premium Pay TV Services in Indonesia
Jun 22, 2011 — Viaccess (Paris: FTE; NYSE: FTE) has announced that its content security solutions were selected by Skynet Indonesia, Skynindo, to protect its TV offering to subscribers in the region.
News categories: Viaccess, Skynindo, CommunicAsia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Indonesia, Satellite
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision