Saudi Arabia (KSA) Digital TV News
Saudi Broadcasting Corporation Continues Migration to DVB-T2 Digital TV with Harris Broadcast
Mar 12, 2013 – Harris Broadcast has secured a new DVB-T2 transmission order from Saudi Broadcasting Corporation (SBC) as the country continues its transition to a national network of digital transmitters and satellite services. The latest phase of the program will add transmitters to sites in Aded and Yabren.
News categories: Harris Broadcast, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Saudi Arabia, Terrestrial
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 – The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
OSN launches internet-enabled DVR
Sep 16, 2012 – OSN, the pay-TV network in the Middle East and North Africa, has launched OSN Plus HD, the regions first Internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder with full 3D and HD capabilities.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Bahrain, Digital TV, Jordan, Kuwait, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, UAE
Arab FTA Sat TV channels grew by 19% in 2011
May 15, 2012 – The number of FTA satellite channels in the Arab World increased by 19.3% between April 2011 and March 2012 to reach 642 channels (fully operational channels reached 565) according to Arab Advisors Group research.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Egypt, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Global pay TV revenues reached US$155 billion in 2010
Jun 13, 2011 – About 338 million digital homes were added around the world between 2006 and 2010, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV World Databook estimated that this took the digital TV household total for the countries covered to 576 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research Ltd, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, China, Croatia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, India, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Puerto Rico, Russia, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, Switzerland, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UK, USA
AME Pay-TV Subscriptions to Triple to 4 Million by Year-End 2015
Jan 24, 2011 – In AME's pay-TV market, subscriptions are expected to triple over the next five years, reaching 4 million. This represents an 11 percent CAGR in pay-TV subscriptions through 2015, the highest in the world, according to a new report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Nigeria, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Subscribers
Orbit Showtime Network to switch-off 5 million TV pirates
Dec 7, 2010 – Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) is giving all of its subscribers new set-top boxes between now and December 19th when it will switch to a new 'unhackable' conditional access system.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Algeria, Bahrain, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Syria, UAE, Yemen
OneFi Technology Receives Financing Commitment
Dec 6, 2010 – OneFi Technology (Pink Sheets: ONFI) has received a financing commitment from Dr. Fahad al-Malik of Saudi Arabia. OneFi is working on a project to rollout network infrastructure in Saudi Arabia capable of delivering broadband WiMax and IPTV.
News categories: OneFi Technology, Broadband, IPTV, Saudi Arabia, Venture Capital, WiMax
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense