Saudi Arabia (KSA) Digital TV News
Saudi Broadcasting Corporation Continues Migration to DVB-T2 Digital TV with Harris Broadcast
Mar 12, 2013 – Harris Broadcast has secured a new DVB-T2 transmission order from Saudi Broadcasting Corporation (SBC) as the country continues its transition to a national network of digital transmitters and satellite services. The latest phase of the program will add transmitters to sites in Aded and Yabren.
News categories: Harris Broadcast, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Saudi Arabia, Terrestrial
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 – The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
OSN launches internet-enabled DVR
Sep 16, 2012 – OSN, the pay-TV network in the Middle East and North Africa, has launched OSN Plus HD, the regions first Internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder with full 3D and HD capabilities.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Bahrain, Digital TV, Jordan, Kuwait, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, UAE
Arab FTA Sat TV channels grew by 19% in 2011
May 15, 2012 – The number of FTA satellite channels in the Arab World increased by 19.3% between April 2011 and March 2012 to reach 642 channels (fully operational channels reached 565) according to Arab Advisors Group research.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Egypt, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Global pay TV revenues reached US$155 billion in 2010
Jun 13, 2011 – About 338 million digital homes were added around the world between 2006 and 2010, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV World Databook estimated that this took the digital TV household total for the countries covered to 576 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research Ltd, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, China, Croatia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, India, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Puerto Rico, Russia, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, Switzerland, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UK, USA
AME Pay-TV Subscriptions to Triple to 4 Million by Year-End 2015
Jan 24, 2011 – In AME’s pay-TV market, subscriptions are expected to triple over the next five years, reaching 4 million. This represents an 11 percent CAGR in pay-TV subscriptions through 2015, the highest in the world, according to a new report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Nigeria, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Subscribers
Orbit Showtime Network to switch-off 5 million TV pirates
Dec 7, 2010 – Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) is giving all of its subscribers new set-top boxes between now and December 19th when it will switch to a new 'unhackable' conditional access system.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Algeria, Bahrain, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Syria, UAE, Yemen
OneFi Technology Receives Financing Commitment
Dec 6, 2010 – OneFi Technology (Pink Sheets: ONFI) has received a financing commitment from Dr. Fahad al-Malik of Saudi Arabia. OneFi is working on a project to rollout network infrastructure in Saudi Arabia capable of delivering broadband WiMax and IPTV.
News categories: OneFi Technology, Broadband, IPTV, Saudi Arabia, Venture Capital, WiMax
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA