CDMB (China Digital Multimedia Broadcast), CSA158-2007 News
472 Million to Receive Mobile TV by 2013
Mar 20, 2009 – The number of people receiving Mobile TV will reach 472 million by 2013 according to an analysis by Cantab Wireless. Subscriber growth is anticipated to be strongest in Asia at first, especially in Korea and Japan.
News categories: Cantab Wireless, CDMB, CMB, CMMB, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-H, DVB-SH, LTE, Market Research, MBMS, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, One-Seg, S-DMB, STiMi, Subscribers, T-DMB, T-MMB
485 Million to Receive Mobile TV by 2013
Jun 4, 2008 – The number of people receiving Mobile TV will reach 485 million by 2013, with subscriber growth anticipated to be strongest in Asia at first, especially in Korea and Japan, according to predictions made by Cantab Wireless.
News categories: Cantab Wireless, CDMB, CMB, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-H, ISDB-T, Market Research, MBMS, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, One-Seg, S-DMB, Satellite, Subscribers, T-DMB
Broadcast Mobile TV Taking Root In China
Mar 27, 2008 – Broadcast mobile TV will take off in China in 2009, reports In-Stat. 2008, then, is key for broadcasters to deploy and optimize networks and explore effective business models.
News categories: In-Stat, CDMB, China, CMMB, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-H, ISDB-T, Market Research, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, T-DMB, T-MMB
China - National Handset Mobile TV Standard Selection Resumed
Dec 26, 2007 – Previously halted testing for China's national mobile TV standard has resumed, and will last one month.
News categories: Standardization Administration of China, CDMB, China, CMMB, Digital TV, DTMB, Multiscreen, T-MMB
SAC to set China's national mobile TV standard by year's end
Nov 5, 2007 – The Standardization Administration of China (SAC) will test five domestically developed mobile TV standards this month and is expected to announce a national mobile TV standard before the end of this year.
News categories: Standardization Administration of China, CDMB, China, CMB, CMMB, Digital TV, DTMB, Multiscreen, T-MMB
CDMB mobile TV standard seeks convergence with SARFT's CMMB
Oct 30, 2007 – An official from the China Association for Standardization (CAS), which advocates the CDMB standard, said yesterday that CDMB can be combined with CMMB (China's Mobile Multimedia Broadcasting), a standard backed by China's State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT).
News categories: China Association for Standardization (CAS), State Administration of Radio, Film and Television (SARFT), Broadcasting, CDMB, China, CMMB, Digital TV, Multiscreen
Four Key Difficulties on the Road to Mobile TV Development
Sep 27, 2007 – Mobile TV is still in its infancy in China. CCID Consulting thinks that here are four speed bumps on the way to a steady stage of growth: national standards, lack of a solid profit model, low-quality user experience and terminal bottlenecks.
News categories: CCID Consulting, CDMB, China, CMMB, Digital TV, DTMB, Market Research, Multiscreen, T-MMB
China mobile TV spec setting up design base
Jun 15, 2007 – A Chinese mobile TV standard is trying to rally support by building up a design and manufacturing base in Tianjin. More …
News categories: CDMB, China, DAB, Multiscreen, Semiconductor
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal