COMPUTEX Taipei 2013: June 4-8, 2012: Taipei, Taiwan
MStar to Become First TV Solution Provider to Adopt DivX Plus Streaming
Jun 6, 2012 — Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced plans for its DivX® Plus Streaming technology to be integrated into MStar System-on-a Chip (SoC) platforms for Smart Digital TVs (DTVs). Rovi will demonstrate DivX Plus Streaming at COMPUTEX.
News categories: Rovi Corp, MStar Semi, COMPUTEX, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Cavium to Demonstrate Digital Home Solutions at Computex 2012
Jun 5, 2012 — Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) will demonstrate ten market leading solutions based upon Cavium's latest media and communications processor families at Computex 2012 including Cavium's Celestial™ Set Top Box ARM-based processors.
News categories: Cavium, COMPUTEX, Gateway, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Qualcomm Atheros Announces Skifta Engine for Networking Device Manufacturers
Jun 5, 2012 — Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced the launch of its Skifta™ Engine application, offering OEMs software that can either be preloaded or added on to devices for media shifting to and from DLNA and UPnP devices inside and outside the home.
News categories: Atheros, Apps, COMPUTEX, DLNA, Games Console, Home Networking, Media Player, OTT, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, UPnP
Sigma Designs Launches Feature-Rich SoC for Mainstream Media Players
Jun 5, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the release of its SMP8674 media processor. The SMP8674 can be configured to address multiple markets including hybrid IPTV Set-Top Boxes, OTT streaming players and WiDi and Wi-Fi display receivers.
News categories: Sigma Designs, COMPUTEX, Digital TV, Home Networking, ICs, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Launches Processor for Intelligent Media Devices
Jun 5, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the introduction of its SMP8672 media processor, a new platform delivering advanced features and lower power for connected media players, IPTV and hybrid Set-Top Boxes (STBs).
News categories: Sigma Designs, COMPUTEX, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Comtrend Delivers Power Line Solution to Chunghwa Based on Sigma Designs HomePlug AV Adapters
Jun 5, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that its CG2210 HomePlug AV solution will be used by Chunghwa Telecom for delivering IPTV services in consumer homes. The CG2210-based product, provided by Comtrend, is a wall mount adapter.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Comtrend, Chunghwa Telecom, COMPUTEX, Home Networking, HomePlug, IPTV, Powerline, Semiconductor, Taiwan
Sigma Designs Showcases New Digital TV Products at Computex
Jun 5, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) is showcasing the newest members of its portfolio of SoC solutions for Digital Television (DTV) systems at this year's Computex conference and tradeshow, taking place in Taipei, June 5-9, 2012.
News categories: Sigma Designs, COMPUTEX, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Marvell Showcases at COMPUTEX 2012 a Suite of Solutions for the 'Connected Lifestyle'
Jun 4, 2012 — At COMPUTEX, Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) will showcase silicon solutions that are powering the convergence of mobile devices, digital entertainment and the cloud. Marvell will demonstrate its ARMADA 1500-based platform which is designed into the new Google TV.
News categories: Marvell, COMPUTEX, Semiconductor
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results