COMPUTEX Taipei 2013: June 4-8, 2012: Taipei, Taiwan
ARM announces video codec IP with TrustZone security
Jun 3, 2013 – At Computex, ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) has announced its Mali-V500. The Mali-V500 is a multicore video vodec IP with support for TrustZone security - enabling hardware-backed security for movie and TV content from download to display.
News categories: ARM, COMPUTEX, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
MStar to Become First TV Solution Provider to Adopt DivX Plus Streaming
Jun 6, 2012 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced plans for its DivX® Plus Streaming technology to be integrated into MStar System-on-a Chip (SoC) platforms for Smart Digital TVs (DTVs). Rovi will demonstrate DivX Plus Streaming at COMPUTEX.
News categories: Rovi Corp, MStar Semi, COMPUTEX, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Cavium to Demonstrate Digital Home Solutions at Computex 2012
Jun 5, 2012 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) will demonstrate ten market leading solutions based upon Cavium's latest media and communications processor families at Computex 2012 including Cavium's Celestial™ Set Top Box ARM-based processors.
News categories: Cavium, COMPUTEX, Gateway, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Qualcomm Atheros Announces Skifta Engine for Networking Device Manufacturers
Jun 5, 2012 – Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced the launch of its Skifta™ Engine application, offering OEMs software that can either be preloaded or added on to devices for media shifting to and from DLNA and UPnP devices inside and outside the home.
News categories: Atheros, Apps, COMPUTEX, DLNA, Games Console, Home Networking, Media Player, OTT, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, UPnP
Sigma Designs Launches Feature-Rich SoC for Mainstream Media Players
Jun 5, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the release of its SMP8674 media processor. The SMP8674 can be configured to address multiple markets including hybrid IPTV Set-Top Boxes, OTT streaming players and WiDi and Wi-Fi display receivers.
News categories: Sigma Designs, COMPUTEX, Digital TV, Home Networking, ICs, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Launches Processor for Intelligent Media Devices
Jun 5, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the introduction of its SMP8672 media processor, a new platform delivering advanced features and lower power for connected media players, IPTV and hybrid Set-Top Boxes (STBs).
News categories: Sigma Designs, COMPUTEX, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Comtrend Delivers Power Line Solution to Chunghwa Based on Sigma Designs HomePlug AV Adapters
Jun 5, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that its CG2210 HomePlug AV solution will be used by Chunghwa Telecom for delivering IPTV services in consumer homes. The CG2210-based product, provided by Comtrend, is a wall mount adapter.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Comtrend, Chunghwa Telecom, COMPUTEX, Home Networking, HomePlug, IPTV, Powerline, Semiconductor, Taiwan
Sigma Designs Showcases New Digital TV Products at Computex
Jun 5, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) is showcasing the newest members of its portfolio of SoC solutions for Digital Television (DTV) systems at this year's Computex conference and tradeshow, taking place in Taipei, June 5-9, 2012.
News categories: Sigma Designs, COMPUTEX, IPTV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology