Europe Digital TV News
Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
Dec 9, 2013 – Cyta Hellas, a subsidiary of the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority (Cyta), has announced the launch of its 3play triple play package in Greece. The service, at €19 per month includes broadband, telephony and IPTV.
News categories: Cyta Hellas, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV
Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
Dec 4, 2013 – Bosnia's m:tel has announced that it plans to upgrade its digital television service in 2014, with high definition programming, and support for viewing on connected devices.
News categories: m:tel, Motorola, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, IPTV, Multiscreen
Ono TV Online launches in Spain
Dec 3, 2013 – Spain's Ono has announced the launch of 'Ono TV Online'. The service, available at no extra charge to all of its television subscribers, consists of 40 channels of video as well as access to Ono's Videoclub video-on-demand service.
News categories: Grupo Corporativo ONO, Cable TV, Digital TV, Spain, TV Everywhere
Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
Dec 3, 2013 – Russia's Rostelecom has announced that it now has 2 million subscribers to its interactive TV service, with the subscriber base tripling over the past two years.
News categories: Rostelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Subscribers
SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
Dec 3, 2013 – Ziggo and SMiT have teamed-up to provide on-demand and catch-up TV services without the need for a separate set-top box. The service, launched in the Netherlands in November, uses a SMiT CI+ Module with a CI Plus IDTV certified by Ziggo.
News categories: SMiT Corp, Ziggo, Cable TV, Digital TV, Netherlands, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
Dec 3, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that it has licensed its downloadable DRM Fusion Agent™ software to Sky Italia, who is using it to protect premium video content delivery for their Sky Go OTT video service.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Sky Italia, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
Dec 2, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that the Romania Cable and Satellite operator RCS & RDS has launched a CI Plus conditional access modules (CAM) for its network in Romania and Hungary.
News categories: SmarDTV, RCS & RDS, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, Romania, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
Dec 2, 2013 – According to Portugal's Autoridade Nacional de Comunicações (ANACOM), there were 3.156 million subscribers to subscription TV in the country at the end of the 3rd Quarter of 2013, up thirteen thousand in the quarter, and 49 thousand year-on-year.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million