China (ä¸å›½) Digital TV News
ChinaCache signs contract with COSHIP to enhance its digital media user experience
Nov 7, 2013 – ChinaCache (Nasdaq:CCIH) has announced that it has signed a contract with COSHIP (SZSE:002052) to provide COSHIP with its Web Delivery, Web Acceleration and HD Live solutions to help enhance the internet multimedia experience of COSHIP's end users.
News categories: ChinaCache, COSHIP, China, Infrastructure, OTT, Set Top Box
China’s Shandong Cable chooses NAGRA to secure large-scale cable tv deployment
Oct 22, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its conditional access technology, NAGRA MediaAccess, has been selected by Shandong Cable, the cable television provider for the Shandong Province of China and one the world’s largest cable operators.
News categories: NAGRA, Shandong Cable, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV
Shandong Cable deploys Ericsson Multiscreen TV solution
Oct 22, 2013 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that Shandong Cable Network has deployed the latest generation of its Multiscreen TV solution. Its core functionality includes content management, VOD back-office and digital rights management.
News categories: Ericsson, Shandong Cable, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DRM, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, TV Everywhere
China Digital TV's Super VOD system deployed in Heilongjiang province
Sep 30, 2013 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that it has reached an agreement with Heilongjiang Broadcast Television Network Co. Ltd. to deploy its Super VOD (video-on-demand) system in China's Heilongjiang Province.
News categories: China Digital TV, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure
Opera expands in China TV market with Konka
Sep 6, 2013 – Opera Software and Konka have announced that the Opera TV Store app platform, Opera TV browser and Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) have now landed on Konka's newest Smart TV.
News categories: Opera Software, Konka, Apps, China, Digital TV, IFA2013, Middleware, Smart TV
Chips&Media delivers AVS+ cores for set-top box in China
Aug 2, 2013 – Chips&Media has announced that it has delivered its CODA966 and CODA988, the first AVS+ enabled cores, to a couple of leading semiconductor companies. The new AVS+ standard is already being used on a trial basis for 3D satellite broadcasting in China.
News categories: Chips&Media, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Terrestrial
Toshiba launches demodulator IC for DTT and digital cable in China
May 30, 2013 – Toshiba (TOKYO:6502) has announced that it has launched a demodulator IC for digital terrestrial broadcasts (GB20600-2006: DTMB) and digital cable broadcasts (GY/T 170-2001: DVB-C) in the Chinese market. Samples are available now.
News categories: Toshiba, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Gaming Consoles Lead Global Connected TV Usage
Apr 9, 2013 – With growing interest in streaming content, online gaming, and apps on TVs, households are increasingly finding ways to connect their TVs to the Internet. In several developed countries, game consoles have become the most popular way to make that connection, according to NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Blu-ray, China, Digital TV, DVD, France, Games Console, Germany, Italy, Japan, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK, USA
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)