MoCA (Multimedia over Coax Alliance) News
Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
May 20, 2013 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. According to the report, the home networking device market totaled $4.9 billion in the second half of 2012 (2H12), a 5% increase over the first half of 2012 (1H12).
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, MoCA, Set Top Box
Pace and Broadcom Develop Ultra-Fast IP Client with MoCA 2.0
Jan 7, 2013 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced an ultra-fast, high performance IP client set-top box with MoCA 2.0 and Wi-Fi connectivity, developed in partnership with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) using the Xi3 product specification and RDK software developed by Comcast.
News categories: Pace plc, Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, MoCA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
ViXS announces network multimedia SoC with HEVC integrated
Sep 7, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced a family of network multimedia systems-on-chip. The XCode 6210 is designed for media gateways. The XCode 6308 is designed for media streaming gateways. The XCode 6410 integrates HEVC and supports up to 4096 x 2160 (4Kx2K) resolution.
News categories: Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, ICs, MoCA, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS Systems announces general availability of MoCA 2.0 solution
Sep 4, 2012 – ViXS Systems has announced general availability of its XConnex™ 1000 MoCA 2.0 Radio Frequency (RF) transceiver and its XConnex 1030 MoCA 2.0 stand-alone Media Access Controller and Physical Layer (MAC/PHY) integrated SoC.
News categories: ViXS, Coax, Home Networking, ICs, MoCA, Semiconductor
Entropic demonstrates HTML5 streaming at CableLabs Summer Conference
Aug 6, 2012 – At CableLabs Summer Conference 2012, Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) demonstrated the ability to run HTML5 consumer applications from an Entropic-based set-top box over an Entropic-powered MoCA® 2.0 (Multimedia over Coax) home network.
News categories: Entropic, Cable TV, Middleware, MoCA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Majority of Set-Top Box to Remain Hard Wired through 2017 Despite Dominance of Wi-Fi Home Networks
Jul 31, 2012 – While Wi-Fi remains the predominant networking technology in most consumer's homes, wired solutions are gaining traction. MoCA has become the go-to wired technology in North America, while HomePlug continues to do well in Western Europe.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Home Networking, HomePlug, Market Research, MoCA, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
North America Is Home Networking Leader, Thanks to MoCA
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. MoCA embedded set-top boxes (STBs), FTTB ONTs, coax-Ethernet adapters, and WiFi broadband routers are driving growth in the home networking device market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IPTV, Market Research, MoCA, Router, Set Top Box
ViXS Systems Showcases Media Excellence at CCBN 2012
Mar 20, 2012 – ViXS has announced that at CCBN it will be demonstrating media processing, transcoding technologies, broadcast/infrastructure solutions, n-screen/Multi-screen products, STBs, CA/DRM, Blu-Ray/Media Hubs, Smart XCode™ streaming and MoCA devices.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Blu-ray, CCBN, Gateway, MoCA, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA