TVConnect Asia (IPTV World Series): April 9-10, 2013: Hong Kong
TVConnect sees ACCESS and Verimatrix launch 'studio confident' secure media sharing
Mar 20, 2013 — ACCESS CO. and Verimatrix have announced Verimatrix Gateway. The solution integrates NetFront Living Connect™, the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) Technology Component™ from ACCESS, with Verimatrix security to provide a secure in-home media sharing solution.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Verimatrix, Content Protection, DLNA, Home Networking, Middleware, TVConnect
ACCESS Integrates NetFront Browser NX with Broadcom Set-Top Box Chipsets
Mar 19, 2013 — ACCESS CO. has announced that its TV-centric browser, NetFront Browser NX™ 3.0, will be at TV Connect. New features include enhanced YouTube Leanback HTML5 functionality, expanded STB and TV chipset support, and sharing of content and UIs from a PVR with other connected devices.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Broadcom, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, TVConnect
Media Excel and Vidmind partner to provide Cloud TV service
Mar 19, 2013 — Vidmind has announced a partnership with Media Excel. The joint transcoding management component, Vidmind SnowCannon, is in field trials by a number of operators. The fully managed Cloud TV service includes live HD-TV, VoD, catch up TV, social features and a TV app market.
News categories: Vidmind, Media Excel, Infrastructure, Middleware, OTT, TVConnect
Ocean Blue launches 'Horizon' HbbTV solution at TV Connect 2013
Mar 19, 2013 — Ocean Blue has announced the launch of its 'Horizon' HbbTV middleware at TV Connect 2013. Horizon enables manufacturers and operators to provide set top boxes and iDTVs with full connected TV functionality, via a consistent User Interface, sitting alongside the linear broadcast.
News categories: Ocean Blue, HbbTV, Middleware, TVConnect
Antix Labs and Broadcom Collaborate On Anytime, Anywhere HD Game Service
Mar 19, 2013 — Antix Labs has announced that it is working with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) on an integrated service that delivers executable, interactive games to consumer home devices, including smartphones, tablets and television set-top boxes (STB).
News categories: Broadcom, Antix, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, TVConnect
Verimatrix Extends ViewRight ONE Multi-Network Home Gateway Client With Secure Format Translation Support
Mar 19, 2013 — Verimatrix has announced ViewRight Gateway. ViewRight Gateway manages the format translation process for both broadcast content streams and for local assets recorded on a DVR, extending the operators' revenue security regime for home networking models.
News categories: Verimatrix, Content Protection, Home Networking, TVConnect
KIT digital Showcases Integrated Social Program Guide at TV Connect 2013
Mar 19, 2013 — KIT digital, alongside Digisoft.tv will showcase a working example of its Social Program Guide application that connects a second screen device with a TV as part of KIT digital's Second Screen Interaction Suite at TV Connect 2013.
News categories: KIT digital, Digisoft, Apps, Middleware, Set Top Box, Social TV, Tablet, TVConnect
Intel Launches Reference Design for Media Processors at TV Connect 2013
Mar 18, 2013 — At TV Connect, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) will launch the Intel® Media Server Reference Design (MSRD). The MSRD is both a hardware and software design kit for OEMs and system integrators that allow them to develop Intel-based set-top boxes and media servers.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps