TVConnect Asia (IPTV World Series): April 9-10, 2013: Hong Kong
SoftAtHome powers latest Livebox Play solution launched by Orange
Mar 18, 2013 – The all-new Livebox Play offering is Orange's new service-rich home-Gateway and latest generation STB offering. SoftAtHome is excited to be part of what already seems a commercial success.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Orange, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect
Antik to unveil details of Android-powered home gateway at TV Connect
Mar 18, 2013 – Antik Technology has unveiled details of its forthcoming Android home gateway, Juice Extreme II. The gateway uses STMicroelectronics' Orly STiH416 SoC for streaming and transcoding up to 4 channels in real time to home smart devices (tablets, smartphones, etc.).
News categories: Antik Technology, CCBN, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Semiconductor, TVConnect
Oregan Deploys OTT with Communications Authority of Thailand
Mar 18, 2013 – Oregan Networks and Thailand's state-owned CAT Telecom (CAT) have announced a successful launch of an Over the Top entertainment service to broadband subscribers on CAT's 3G and fixed line networks.
News categories: Oregan Networks, CAT Telecom, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Thailand, TVConnect
Dune HD and Beenius Extend Partnership to Embrace Social TV
Mar 18, 2013 – At TV Connect Dune HD will showcase its new range of advanced set top boxes, now available pre-loaded with Beenius' Beesmart interactive TV middleware platform. This includes the newly upgraded BeeSocial TV functions which enable new social media services.
News categories: Dune HD, Beenius, Middleware, Set Top Box, Social TV, TVConnect
Vestel produces Android IPTV platform for Wingo in Switzerland
Mar 18, 2013 – Vestel has announced that it has successfully launched an advanced client platform based on Android OS to receive the IPTV services of Wingo in Switzerland. The platform uses Marvell's Armada 1500 chipset.
News categories: Vestel, Wingo, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland, TVConnect
Zappware Nexx user interface integrated with Vestel OTT STBs
Mar 18, 2013 – Vestel and Zappware have announced a business cooperation at this year's TVConnect. Vestel will be showcasing Zappware's Nexx application on their HTML5-based TV devices at the show. Nexx is Zappware's newest television user interface for set-top boxes and connected TVs.
News categories: Vestel, Zappware, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, TVConnect
nangu.TV unveils Recommendation Engine at TVConnect
Mar 15, 2013 – nangu.TV is demonstrating a number of key features at TV Connect including its new recommendation engine. This is part of its remote control and multi-screen application for tablet, smartphones and set-top box devices.
News categories: nangu.TV, Apps, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, TVConnect
TV Connect Sees Launch of ACCESSMyTV™ 2.0 Enabling Operators to Compete against OTT Providers
Mar 14, 2013 – ACCESS CO. has announced that it will launch ACCESSMyTV™ 2.0 at TV Connect. New features include social TV enhancements and operator specific APIs providing security functionality. The platform has been designed to provide a simple route for operators to launch OTT or TTM services.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Middleware, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet, TVConnect
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)