MWC13 (Mobile World Congress 2013): February 25-28, 2013: Barcelona, Spain
Vinson reveals mobile TV solution at Mobile World Congress
Feb 25, 2013 — Dutch startup Vinson showcased their new white-label mobile OTT (Over The Top) TV solution for broadcasters, content aggregators and content distributors at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
News categories: Vinson, Apps, Infrastructure, Mobile, MWC13, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Nexstreaming Releases a New Android HLS Player SDK: Nexplayer HD
Feb 25, 2013 — NexStreaming (KOSDAQ:139670) has announced the release of NexPlayer HD, a version of its media player SDK, NexPlayer, now supporting HD video resolutions as well as the new Main and High H264 video profiles.
News categories: NexStreaming, Media Player, Mobile, MWC13
Allegro DVT Showcases HEVC/H.265 Video Decoder IP at MWC13
Feb 25, 2013 — At the Mobile World Congress, Allegro DVT will present on its booth its HEVC/H.265 Hardware Decoding IP, H.264 Hardware Encoding & Codec IPs, WiGig WDE Codec IP, and HEVC/H.265 Compliance Streams.
News categories: Allegro DVT, MWC13, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
World's First Complete Solution for Broadcast Video Over LTE Networks
Feb 25, 2013 — To respond to the growing need for video over LTE, Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) is launching an end-to-end solution. The solution will be shown at Mobile World Congress 2013 in collaboration with Verizon, Telstra and Qualcomm.
News categories: Ericsson, Digital TV, Infrastructure, LTE, MBMS, MWC13
SPB TV to show updated multiscreen TV solution at MWC 2013
Feb 25, 2013 — SPB TV has announced that it will showcase at the MWC 2013 new user-friendly TV apps dedicated for iOS, Android, Symbian and Windows 8, as well an OTT web-based interface available on all devices. Other updates include the SPB TV second-screen application.
News categories: SPB TV, Apps, Middleware, MWC13, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Global Businesses Select ARM Mali GPU Technology across All Smart Devices
Feb 25, 2013 — ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) has revealed that it has 75 licenses of its ARM® Mali GPU family of products across the smartphone, tablet and graphic-enabled Digital TV (DTV) markets.
News categories: ARM, MWC13, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
Expway eMBMS Solution Allows Mobile Operators to off-Load Mobile Traffic by 20%
Feb 22, 2013 — Expway has announced the launch of the 5th generation of its Mobile Broadcast software, the eMBMS solution, at the Mobile World Congress 2013. The solution enables Mobile Operators to broadcast any content, live or on-demand, over their LTE network.
News categories: Expway, Infrastructure, LTE, MBMS, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, MWC13
NXP Software Brings Premium Experiences to MWC13
Feb 22, 2013 — NXP Software will showcase its LifeVibes mobile multimedia software at MWC 2013. Visitors can interact with its LifeVibes solutions for voice and video and discover how NXP Software enables device makers and service providers to deliver a premium experience.
News categories: NXP Software, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, MWC13
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps