Wireless (IEEE 802.11, wireless LAN, …) News
Astro selects Pace to supply next generation Wireless HD PVR
Sep 15, 2013 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it has been selected by Malaysian Pay TV provider, Astro, to supply its next generation wireless HD PVR. Astro will begin installing Pace's next generation HD PVR next month.
News categories: Pace plc, Astro, Digital TV, Malaysia, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
HyperPanel Lab and Celeno showcase IPTV head-end for residential use
Sep 12, 2013 – HyperPanel and Celeno have announced that they have created a Home IPTV Head-End that harnesses the benefits of DTT and DTH video ubiquity with IP-video flexibility to reach multiple rooms and portable devices throughout the Home Cloud.
News categories: HyperPanel, Celeno, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IBCShow, IPTV, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Wireless
Quantenna reveals 802.11ac Set-Top Box reference design with STMicroelectronics
Sep 12, 2013 – Quantenna has announced a single board Wi-Fi enabled set-top box reference design platform with STMicroelectronics that will reduce the cost and accelerate time to market for broadcasters offering wireless streaming of multimedia throughout the home.
News categories: Quantenna, STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, Home Networking, IBCShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
TELUS launches wireless digital box for Optik TV
Aug 20, 2013 – TELUS (TSX: T, NYSE: TU) has announced that it is launching a new wireless digital box for Optik TV subscribers, giving customers the freedom to move their TV anywhere in the home - or yard - without the need to plug it into a TV outlet.
News categories: TELUS, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Wireless
ALi Launches HD network media player with smartphone/tablet display mirroring
Mar 14, 2013 – ALi Corporation has announced the launch of a high definition network media player, M3912, featuring multiscreen video sharing technology. Applications of ALi's M3912 include multiscreen bridges, DVB to IP thick clients and network multimedia players.
News categories: ALi Corp, Digital TV, Home Networking, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Wireless
Broadcom Launches First 5G WiFi Wireless IPTV Set-top Box Platform
Jan 8, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first 5G WiFi Connected IPTV Set-top Box (STB) platform. Supporting the latest IEEE 802.11.ac standard, Broadcom's 5G WiFi technology is now available paired with its IP STB system-on-a-chip technology.
News categories: Broadcom, CES, Home Networking, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
BSkyB selects AirTies to supply Wireless Connector for TV on demand service
Jan 8, 2013 – AirTies has announced that it is providing BSkyB (LSE:BSY) with wireless connectors that allow Sky customers to wirelessly access Sky's TV on demand service.
News categories: AirTies, BSkyB, Home Networking, UK, Wireless
STMicroelectronics and Quantenna Cooperate on Wireless Set-Top Box Reference Design
Jan 7, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Quantenna Communications have revealed a Wi-Fi set-top box reference design to accelerate wireless set-top box development when deploying multi-room DVR services.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Quantenna, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal