Wireless (IEEE 802.11, wireless LAN, …) News
ALi Launches HD network media player with smartphone/tablet display mirroring
Mar 14, 2013 — ALi Corporation has announced the launch of a high definition network media player, M3912, featuring multiscreen video sharing technology. Applications of ALi’s M3912 include multiscreen bridges, DVB to IP thick clients and network multimedia players.
News categories: ALi Corp, Digital TV, Home Networking, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, Wireless
Broadcom Launches First 5G WiFi Wireless IPTV Set-top Box Platform
Jan 8, 2013 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first 5G WiFi Connected IPTV Set-top Box (STB) platform. Supporting the latest IEEE 802.11.ac standard, Broadcom's 5G WiFi technology is now available paired with its IP STB system-on-a-chip technology.
News categories: Broadcom, CES, Home Networking, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
BSkyB selects AirTies to supply Wireless Connector for TV on demand service
Jan 8, 2013 — AirTies has announced that it is providing BSkyB (LSE:BSY) with wireless connectors that allow Sky customers to wirelessly access Sky’s TV on demand service.
News categories: AirTies, BSkyB, Home Networking, UK, Wireless
STMicroelectronics and Quantenna Cooperate on Wireless Set-Top Box Reference Design
Jan 7, 2013 — STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) and Quantenna Communications have revealed a Wi-Fi set-top box reference design to accelerate wireless set-top box development when deploying multi-room DVR services.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Quantenna, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
Sigma Designs Launches New EasyTV™ Dongle With Wireless Display at CES
Jan 7, 2013 — Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that they will be launching its EasyTV Dongle reference design at CES. EasyTV enables users to access multimedia on their cellphone, tablet or laptop and share it on a large screen or projector.
News categories: Sigma Designs, CES, Home Networking, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
ZTE Selects Celeno’s Wi-Fi Technology to Enable its Gateway Products in the European Region
Oct 18, 2012 — Celeno Communications and ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) have announced a partnership to develop a range of wireless products that address IPTV service providers’ growing need for carrier-grade Wi-Fi solutions.
News categories: Celeno, ZTE, BBWF, Europe, Gateway, Home Networking, IPTV, Semiconductor, Wireless
Lantiq and SoftAtHome show Broadband Home Gateway at BBWF
Oct 15, 2012 — Lantiq and SoftAtHome are collaborating at the Broadband World Forum to demonstrate a Lantiq-based gateway running the SoftAtHome gBox (gateway Box) software, which enables advanced services for multi-screen home networking environments.
News categories: Lantiq, SoftAtHome, BBWF, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Semiconductor, Wireless
Cavium PureVu® Powers NETGEAR Push2TV® Miracast Compatible Wireless Display Adapter
Sep 24, 2012 — Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced that NETGEAR's Push2TV wireless display adapter is based on Cavium's CNW6611L media SoC. The Push2TV is one of the first adapters that is pre-standard compliant with the Wi-Fi Alliance's Miracast™ specification.
News categories: Cavium, NETGEAR, Home Networking, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Wireless
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision