3D TV News
Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
Dec 9, 2013 – Stream TV Networks has announced that they have entered into a strategic partnership with Beijing BOE Vision Electron Technology to introduce the next generation of their 55 inch 4K Ultra-D 2160p 3D No Glasses Display solution.
News categories: Stream TV Networks, Beijing BOE, 3D, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
IZON to unveil 3D TV without glasses at 2014 International CES
Nov 19, 2013 – IZON™ will debut its line of 3D LED televisions without glasses at the 2014 International CES. The company is anticipating the launch of its line of LED screens with 32", 47" and 55" glasses-free models by the second quarter of 2014.
News categories: IZON, 3D, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Global 3DTV sales to increase 166% by 2017
Sep 25, 2013 – Consumer uptake of 3D hardware continues apace, with the market on track to achieve 157.7 million 3DTV sales in 2017, up from a forecast of 59.3 million for 2013, according to a new report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, 3D, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
DDD and Samsung renew 3D video processing chip technology license agreement
Jul 25, 2013 – DDD Group (AIM: DDD; OTCQX: DDDGY) has renewed its license agreement with Samsung Electronics to include DDD's TriDef™ 2D to 3D technologies with Samsung's 3D video processing chips that are used in Samsung Smart TVs and other Samsung 3D consumer products.
News categories: DDD, Samsung, 3D, Licensing, Patent, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
UCSC researchers develop 3D display with no ghosting for viewers without glasses
Jul 12, 2013 – Researchers at the University of California, Santa Cruz, have developed a prototype for 3D+2D television that allows viewers with stereo glasses to see 3D images, while viewers without the glasses see a normal 2D image.
News categories: UCSC, 3D, Digital TV, Smart TV
Global 3-D Market Flourishes Across Cinema, Home Video and TV VoD Platforms
Dec 20, 2012 – The global 3-D consumer market is thriving in a dynamic environment marked by clear and discernible growth across its major platforms, including cinema, home video and pay-TV video on demand, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, 3D, Blu-ray, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Stream TV Networks develops 2160p 3D without glasses TV
Sep 3, 2012 – Stream TV Networks has announced the development of a 2kx4k 3D without glasses TV dubbed the Ultra-D™ 2160p. As there is no native consumer 4k content, Ultra-D has developed an algorithm which boosts existing content to between 1080p and 2160p.
News categories: Stream TV Networks, 3D, IFA2013, Smart TV
Optical science makes 3D cinema glasses a thing of the past
Aug 20, 2012 – Optics research by a team of South Korean investigators offers the prospect of glasses-free, 3-D display technology for commercial theaters. The new technique uses space more efficiently and produces 3D at a lower cost than current projection technology.
News categories: Optical Society, 3D, Digital TV
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV