ABTA 2012: July 31-August 2, 2012: Transamérica Expo Center, São Paulo, Brazil
Verimatrix Highlights Multi-Network Revenue Security at ABTA 2012
Jul 31, 2012 — Verimatrix has announced that at ABTA 2012 it will showcase its momentum in multi-network revenue security, including a flexible approach to hybrid service deployment and extended ecosystem support.
News categories: Verimatrix, ABTA, Content Protection
Sigma Designs to power AOC connected DTVs in Latin America
Jul 31, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Digital Television (DTV) manufacturer, AOC, will debut a new line of DTVs for the LATAM market based on the Sigma Designs HiDTV Pro-SXL SoCs at the ABTA 2012 conference.
News categories: Sigma Designs, AOC, ABTA, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Conax Wins Grupo TV Cable, Ecuador Contract
Jul 31, 2012 — Conax has announced a contract with Grupo TV Cable in Ecuador. With set-top box provider Evolution Digital, Conax has deployed content security to enable TV Cable's digital migration and additional services such as pre-paid voucher and pay-per-view.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Grupo TV Cable, ABTA, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ecuador, Set Top Box
EchoStar to Showcase Advanced Operator Solutions at ABTA 2012
Jul 31, 2012 — EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that it will showcase an array of products that will enable pay TV operators to exploit the potential of IP connectivity at ABTA 2012 Sao Paulo, 31 July – 2 August 2012.
News categories: EchoStar, ABTA, Latin America, Placeshifting, Set Top Box
Broadcom Announces First Dual ISDB-T Chipset for Digital Terrestrial TV in Latin America
Jul 30, 2012 — Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the BCM3472, the industry's first fully integrated 40nm Dual ISDB-T receiver chipset, to address the growing popularity of digital TV in Latin America.
News categories: Broadcom, ABTA, Brazil, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB-T, Latin America, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
KAONMEDIA targets LATAM markets with advanced hybrid STBs at ABTA 2012
Jul 27, 2012 — KAONMEDIA has announced that it is to demonstrate its latest advanced hybrid STBs technology at the ABTA 2012 Show (July 31 to Aug 2) in São Paulo, Brazil.
News categories: KAONMEDIA, ABTA, Set Top Box
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps