ABTA 2013: August 6-8, 2013: Transamérica Expo Center, São Paulo, Brazil
Prime, Entropic deploy single-cable LNB solution at Brazilian satellite operator
Aug 6, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Prime Electronics & Satellitics have advanced deployment in Brazil. Prime's LNB with Entropic's technology allows DBS operators to support a single satellite, four tuners, and multiplex terrestrial signals all over a single-cable.
News categories: Prime Electronics, Entropic, ABTA, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic announces support for Irdeto Media Protection
Aug 6, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its EN75xx family of high definition set-top box systems-on-a-chip for satellite, cable and IPTV markets now support Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: Entropic, Irdeto, ABTA, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Verimatrix Highlights Multi-Network Revenue Security at ABTA 2012
Jul 31, 2012 – Verimatrix has announced that at ABTA 2012 it will showcase its momentum in multi-network revenue security, including a flexible approach to hybrid service deployment and extended ecosystem support.
News categories: Verimatrix, ABTA, Content Protection
Sigma Designs to power AOC connected DTVs in Latin America
Jul 31, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Digital Television (DTV) manufacturer, AOC, will debut a new line of DTVs for the LATAM market based on the Sigma Designs HiDTV Pro-SXL SoCs at the ABTA 2012 conference.
News categories: Sigma Designs, AOC, ABTA, Digital TV, Latin America, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Conax Wins Grupo TV Cable, Ecuador Contract
Jul 31, 2012 – Conax has announced a contract with Grupo TV Cable in Ecuador. With set-top box provider Evolution Digital, Conax has deployed content security to enable TV Cable's digital migration and additional services such as pre-paid voucher and pay-per-view.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Grupo TV Cable, ABTA, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ecuador, Set Top Box
EchoStar to Showcase Advanced Operator Solutions at ABTA 2012
Jul 31, 2012 – EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that it will showcase an array of products that will enable pay TV operators to exploit the potential of IP connectivity at ABTA 2012 Sao Paulo, 31 July - 2 August 2012.
News categories: EchoStar, ABTA, Latin America, Placeshifting, Set Top Box
Broadcom Announces First Dual ISDB-T Chipset for Digital Terrestrial TV in Latin America
Jul 30, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the BCM3472, the industry's first fully integrated 40nm Dual ISDB-T receiver chipset, to address the growing popularity of digital TV in Latin America.
News categories: Broadcom, ABTA, Brazil, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB-T, Latin America, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
KAONMEDIA targets LATAM markets with advanced hybrid STBs at ABTA 2012
Jul 27, 2012 – KAONMEDIA has announced that it is to demonstrate its latest advanced hybrid STBs technology at the ABTA 2012 Show (July 31 to Aug 2) in São Paulo, Brazil.
News categories: KAONMEDIA, ABTA, Set Top Box
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4