ANGA COM 2013: June 4-6, 2013: Kölnmesse, Cologne, Germany
NDS and ServusTV showcase interactive content services for Tele Columbus at ANGA Cable
Jun 13, 2012 — NDS and ServusTV will show the integration of streaming content services on Tele Columbus interactive set-top boxes at ANGA Cable. The ANGA Cable showcase provides examples of the integration of IP-delivered services enabled by NDS technologies.
News categories: NDS Group, ServusTV, Tele Columbus, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Set Top Box
Fujitsu Introduces CONAX Certified Set-Top Box Chipsets
Jun 12, 2012 — Fujitsu has announced that its HDTV processor, MB86H611, has been certified by CONAX. The MB86H61 is part of a single-chip decoder family that supports H.264/AVC, MPEG-2, AVS and VC-1 video decoding at resolutions up to 1080p 50/60Hz.
News categories: Fujitsu Semi, ANGA COM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Humax reveals Home Media Server at ANGA Cable 2012
Jun 12, 2012 — Humax has announced its next generation Home Media Server (HMS) set-top box. The HMS embeds 4 tuners and transcoding technology to allow users to share TV content across devices such as smartphones, tablets, PCs, etc. throughout the home.
News categories: Humax, ANGA COM, Gateway, Germany, Home Networking, Placeshifting, Set Top Box
ABOX42 showcases KabelKiosk HbbTV STB at ANGA Cable 2012
Jun 12, 2012 — ABOX42 has announced that it is showing its 'B12' OTT STB at ANGA Cable 2012 running 'KabelKiosk Choice' from Eutelsat. ABOX42 is promoting the system as a companion service for integration by operators with their existing cable service.
News categories: ABOX42, Eutelsat, ANGA COM, Cable TV, HbbTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Netgem partners with Zeop in La Réunion
Jun 12, 2012 — Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) has announced that Zeop, a cable and fiber operator in La Réunion, a French overseas department in the Indian Ocean, has partnered with Netgem to launch next generation TV services.
News categories: Netgem, Zeop, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, France, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Digital cable TV subscribers in Germany approaching 8 million
Jun 11, 2012 — The association of German Cable Operators (ANGA) has releases figures for the cable market in Germany. According to ANGA, there are more than 18 million cable TV households with about 42 percent receiving a digital service.
News categories: ANGA, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Germany, Market Research, Subscribers
iWedia to launch Teatro line of turnkey software solutions for STBs and Smart TVs at ANGA Cable 2012
Jun 11, 2012 — iWedia has announced the launch of its Teatro line of products at ANGA Cable 2012 in Cologne. A comprehensive line of turnkey software solutions, Teatro is equally relevant for zappers, advanced STBs, and Smart TVs.
News categories: iWedia, ANGA COM, DLNA, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Teleclub selects NDS VideoGuard technology for CI+ modules
Jun 11, 2012 — NDS has announced that Switzerland's Teleclub is introducing Common Interface Plus (CI+) modules based on the NDS VideoGuard® conditional access (CA) system, plus HD DVR functionality with the addition of an approved external hard drive.
News categories: NDS Group, Teleclub, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV, Switzerland
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision