Apps (iPhone, iPad, Android, ..) News
NetRange provides Italy's TELE System with Smart TV portal
Oct 18, 2013 – NetRange has announced that it has signed a cooperation with Italian STB maker, TELE System, to provide TELE System’s set-top-boxes with Smart TV portals. The cooperation covers devices ranging from pure IP to hybrid devices.
News categories: TELE System, NetRange, Apps, Digital TV, Italy, Set Top Box
ITP to add cloud-based billing to Exset Digital Monetization System
Oct 4, 2013 – Exset and ITP Software India have entered into a strategic partnership. As a part of this partner association between the companies, Exset's Digital Monetization System (DMS) will be integrated with ITP's cloud-based billing and CRM solutions.
News categories: Exset, ITP Software, Apps, Content Protection, Infrastructure
Exset and MStar cooperate on set-top box design for emerging markets
Sep 30, 2013 – Exset has announced a cooperation with MStar to create a semiconductor and software platform for Exset's Digital Monetization System (DMS). DMS is Exset's model that makes pay-TV self-financing without depending exclusively on subscriber fees for revenue.
News categories: MStar Semi, Exset, Apps, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Foxtel selects Nagra to support its subscription TV Service
Sep 26, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Australia's Foxtel has selected the NAGRA MediaLive Service Platform to enable services across its range of connected set-top boxes.
News categories: NAGRA, Foxtel, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Digisoft.tv introduces new Virtual STB
Sep 26, 2013 – Digisoft.tv has introduced its Virtual STB. A pure software product which brings all the services of a hybrid set-top box to connected TVs, the Virtual STB is set to revolutionise the smart TV market by removing CAPEX costs traditionally associated with the technology.
News categories: Digisoft.tv, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
PlayOn adds support for Chromecast
Sep 19, 2013 – PlayOn has announced that it will be adding Chromecast to its list of supported streaming devices and has unveiled PlayCast, a PlayOn feature that offers Chromecast-like browser video projection for Roku, Xbox 360 and Chromecast users.
News categories: PlayOn, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Amino launches TV App store - powered by Opera - at IBC 2013
Sep 13, 2013 – Amino Communications (AIM: AMO) is to partner with Opera Software in the delivery of the Amino TV App Store for its Live Home Media Centre - powered by Opera Software's Opera TV Store application platform, and providing hundreds of free apps.
News categories: Amino, Opera Software, Apps, IBCShow, IPTV, Set Top Box
INSIDE Secure and ADB partner to secure mobile apps
Sep 12, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (NYSE Euronext: INSD) has announced that it is working with Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) to create secure, premium content iOS and Android mobile apps for operators. The first deployment emanating from the partnership is for nc+ in Poland.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Advanced Digital Broadcast, nc+, Apps, Digital TV, DRM, Multiscreen, Poland, Smartphone, Tablet
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal