Apps (iPhone, iPad, Android, ..) News
Envivio and Vinson Selected by Belgian Broadcasters for Mobile TV Services
Mar 19, 2013 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced an integration with the new Vinson mobile TV solution, and deployment of the joint solution for three broadcasters (VRT, VMMa and SBS) in Belgium.
News categories: Envivio, Vinson, Apps, Belgium, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Mobile
KIT digital Showcases Integrated Social Program Guide at TV Connect 2013
Mar 19, 2013 – KIT digital, alongside Digisoft.tv will showcase a working example of its Social Program Guide application that connects a second screen device with a TV as part of KIT digital's Second Screen Interaction Suite at TV Connect 2013.
News categories: KIT digital, Digisoft, Apps, Middleware, Set Top Box, Social TV, Tablet, TVConnect
Lotus TV Deploying Antix for New Generation High Definition Game Service
Mar 18, 2013 – Rated the most popular foreign-language TV channel in Mainland China, broadcasting via satellite throughout Asia, Lotus TV Macau has announced that in 2013 it will launch engaging games that consumers can play on their TV or STB as well as their PCs, phones and tablets.
News categories: Antix, Lotus TV Macau, Apps, Set Top Box
nangu.TV unveils Recommendation Engine at TVConnect
Mar 15, 2013 – nangu.TV is demonstrating a number of key features at TV Connect including its new recommendation engine. This is part of its remote control and multi-screen application for tablet, smartphones and set-top box devices.
News categories: nangu.TV, Apps, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, TVConnect
Deutsche TV-Plattform Hybrid-TV/Smart-TV White Book available for download
Mar 12, 2013 – The proportion of devices offering Internet services in addition to linear television on the TV screen is constantly increasing. The publication 'White Book Hybrid-TV / Smart-TV' from German TV-Platform (Deutsche TV-Plattform), offers an overview of recent developments of technology and market, and is now available in English for download.
News categories: Deutsche TV-Plattform, Apps, Germany, HbbTV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
Vinson reveals mobile TV solution at Mobile World Congress
Feb 25, 2013 – Dutch startup Vinson showcased their new white-label mobile OTT (Over The Top) TV solution for broadcasters, content aggregators and content distributors at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
News categories: Vinson, Apps, Infrastructure, Mobile, MWC13, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
SPB TV to show updated multiscreen TV solution at MWC 2013
Feb 25, 2013 – SPB TV has announced that it will showcase at the MWC 2013 new user-friendly TV apps dedicated for iOS, Android, Symbian and Windows 8, as well an OTT web-based interface available on all devices. Other updates include the SPB TV second-screen application.
News categories: SPB TV, Apps, Middleware, MWC13, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
Romania's iNES launches mobile IPTV service
Jan 21, 2013 – Romanian telecommunications company, iNES, has announced iNES MobileTV, a package of TV channels broadcast live through an internet connection to smartphones and tablets. The multiscreen service is free of charge to iNES IPTV clients.
News categories: iNES Group, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Romania, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA