Argentina Digital TV News
Netflix Arrives In Latin America And The Caribbean
Sep 5, 2011 – Netflix (Nasdaq: NFLX) has launched in Brazil and will be launched in 43 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, providing instant and unlimited movies and TV shows streamed to computers, game consoles and other Internet connected devices.
News categories: Netflix, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Caribbean, Central America, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, OTT, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
Three Co-ops to launch OTT and VOD in Argentina
Jun 29, 2011 – Three telephone companies belonging to Argentina's Chamber of Telecommunications Cooperatives (Catel) are planning to launch OTT and VOD TV in September. The coops, Telpin, Telviso and TelVGG, will provide the service through a dedicated IP set-top box.
News categories: Cámara de Cooperativas de Telecomunicaciones, Telpin, Telviso, TelVGG, Argentina, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Digital TV homes to triple in Latin America
Jun 2, 2011 – Most Latin American territories are experiencing a surge in digital television penetration, according to a new report from Digital TV Research. By 2016, the report forecasts that 71% of the region's TV households will have digital TV.
News categories: Digital TV Research Ltd, Argentina, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
DIRECTV Latin America Vaults Past the 10 Million Customer Mark
Jun 2, 2011 – On pace for another record-setting year of growth, DIRECTV Latin America (DTVLA), an operating unit of DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV), the world's largest pay TV service, has surged past a major milestone - its 10 millionth customer.
News categories: DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
Coradir STBs and Irdeto CA for Paraguay's Star TV DTH
Apr 12, 2011 – According to NexTV Latam, Argentinian PC manufacturer Coradir has won a contract to supply 200,000 satellite set-top boxes for Paraguay's soon to be launched Star TV. Irdeto (JSE: NPN) are to supply the conditional access for the service.
News categories: Coradir, Argentina, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Net Insight receives expansion order for Digital Terrestrial TV network in Argentina
Apr 11, 2011 – Net Insight (OMX Stockholm: NETI B) has announced that AR-SAT through its integrator Invap has selected Net Insight's Nimbra platform for the National Terrestrial Digital TV Platform in Argentina.
News categories: Net Insight, AR-SAT, Argentina, Infrastructure, ISDB-T, SBTVD, Terrestrial
Siano Launches Integrated Receiver Chip for Latin America Digital TV Market
Nov 23, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of a new product targeting the digital TV markets of Latin America and Japan. The SMS2270 supports the ISDB-T high definition DTV technology, also known as ISDB-T 'full-segment'.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB-T, Japan, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Mirics and ArcSoft enable free HDTV in Latin America
Nov 22, 2010 – Mirics has announced a solution with ArcSoft that will enable viewers in Latin America to watch broadcast high definition television (HDTV) on their PCs.
News categories: Mirics, ArcSoft, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, ISDB-T, Middleware, Peripherals / Accessories, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain