Australia Digital TV News
Australia's iiNet announces second generation Fetch TV STB
Feb 25, 2013 – iiNet has unveiled a new Set-Top Box for its renamed iiNet TV with Fetch service. New customers of iiNet TV with Fetch will be the first in Australia to receive the Set-Top Box, featuring a slimline new look, a faster processor and increased memory.
News categories: iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Set Top Box
24,000 TV customers for Australia's iiNet
Feb 21, 2013 – Australian DSL Internet Service Provider, iiNet (ASX: IIN), has announced results for the six months ended 31 December 2012. iiNet had 24,000 television customers at the end of the year up from 18,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: iiNet, Australia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Telstra Half Year ended 31 December 2012
Feb 7, 2013 – Telstra has released Financial Results for the Half Year ended 31 December 2012. TV revenue grew by 0.9% to $333 million, driven primarily by IPTV Content. Cable revenue increased by 5.2% to $61 milllion. The FOXTEL subscriber base was up 1.7% in the period to just under 2.3m.
News categories: Telstra, Australia, Cable TV, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
GlobeCast to Launch Australasia's First MPEG-4 Service on Optus D2
Oct 24, 2012 – GlobeCast Australia has announced an upgrade that will allow the company to deliver its customers the first MPEG-4 services on the Optus D2 DTH satellite platform. GlobeCast will commence its new MPEG-4 service with its channel partner RTS SAT.
News categories: GlobeCast, RTS SAT, Australia, New Zealand, Satellite
Asia Pacific Pay TV penetration to reach 67% in 2017
Sep 24, 2012 – The Digital TV Consultancy has announced that the 'Digital TV Asia Pacific 2012' report has been added to its Market Research store. According to the report, Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom.
News categories: The Digital TV Consultancy, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Oceania, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Subscribers, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
zeebox and Network Ten ink partnership for Australia
Jul 11, 2012 – zeebox has announced a joint-venture with Network Ten in Australia to launch zeebox's app locally. zeebox provides viewers with a social TV discovery and interaction service, while enabling broadcasters and brands to engage with TV fans across channels.
News categories: zeebox, Apps, Australia, Smartphone, Social TV, Tablet
Accedo help launch FOXTEL on Samsung Smart TVs in Australia
Jul 9, 2012 – Accedo has announced that it has helped FOXTEL launch their first connected TV application in Australia, by designing and developing the FOXTEL on Internet TV application for Samsung's Smart TV platform.
News categories: Accedo, FOXTEL, Samsung, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
Google introduces Nexus 7 Google Play-er
Jun 27, 2012 – Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) has announced its Nexus 7 tablet with a 7" 1280x800 HD display. The tablet is intended as a platform for apps, games, music, movies and books from the company's Google Play cloud-based offering.
News categories: Google, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Tablet, UK, USA
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4