Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
T-Hrvatski Telekom TV subscribers up 7% Y-o-Y at end-March 2013
Apr 30, 2013 — Croatian telecommunications provider, T-Hrvatski Telekom (Reuters:THTC.L, HT.ZA; Bloomberg:THTC LI, HTRA CZ), has announced results for the three months to 31 March 2013. At the end of March, TV subscribers totalled 347,908, up 7.0% from the same period in 2012.
News categories: T-Hrvatski Telekom, Cable TV, Croatia, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
T-Home and MinDig TV Extra gaining market share in Hungary
Apr 26, 2013 — According to the data released by Hungary's Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in March 2013 the number of households with digital television subscriptions at the country's largest broadcasters was 1,895,200, up from 1,863,293 in March 2012.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Jupiter Telecommunications releases 1Q 2013 results
Apr 24, 2013 — Jupiter Telecommunications (J:COM, JASDAQ: 4817) has released results for the 1st Quarter of 2013. The company had 3,102,900 cable TV RGUs at the end of the period, up 1.1% compared with the same period in 2012.
News categories: Jupiter Telecommunications, Cable TV, Japan, Results, Subscribers
Pace releases Interim Management Statement
Apr 24, 2013 — Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced its Interim Management Statement for the 16 week period from 1 January 2013 to 23 April 2013. Liberty Global has selected Pace to provide Media Server products to a number of their operations in Europe.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box
Virgin Media TV customers down 13,400 in 1Q 2013
Apr 24, 2013 — Virgin Media (NASDAQ: VMED; LSE: VMED) has announced results for the quarter ended March 31, 2013. The company added 171,900 TiVo customers during the quarter to reach a total of 1.5m, which represents 40% of its TV customer base.
News categories: Virgin Media, Cable TV, Results, UK
TeliaSonera reports for the January-March 2013 period
Apr 19, 2013 — TeliaSonera has released its interim report for the January-March 2013 period. The total number of TV subscriptions rose by 131,000 from the first quarter of 2012. Adjusted for the divestment of NextGenTel, the number of subscriptions increased by 29,000 during the quarter.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
Ofcom publishes Q4 2012 UK Digital Television Update
Apr 18, 2013 — Ofcom, the communications regulator for the UK, has released its Digital Television Update for the fourth quarter of 2012. In Q4 2012, 98% of households (25.1m) received digital television over any platform, an increase of nearly 5 percentage points on Q4 2011.
News categories: Ofcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
Satellite leads the Latin American pay TV charge
Apr 18, 2013 — After a slow start, digital TV penetration is about to rocket in Latin America – from less than a third of homes at end-2012 to nearly 45% by end-2013 and onto 84% by 2018, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results