Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
Dec 2, 2013 – SmarDTV (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that the Romania Cable and Satellite operator RCS & RDS has launched a CI Plus conditional access modules (CAM) for its network in Romania and Hungary.
News categories: SmarDTV, RCS & RDS, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, Romania, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
Dec 2, 2013 – According to Portugal's Autoridade Nacional de Comunicações (ANACOM), there were 3.156 million subscribers to subscription TV in the country at the end of the 3rd Quarter of 2013, up thirteen thousand in the quarter, and 49 thousand year-on-year.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
Nov 28, 2013 – Net Serviços de Comunicação has announced that Empresa Brasileira de Telecomunicações (Embratel) has acquired 13,675,932 of NET’s shares, corresponding to 83.62% of the total amount of NET’s outstanding shares.
News categories: Embratel, Net Serviços, Brazil, Cable TV, Digital TV, M&A
Telekom Slovenije adds 10,300 pay TV connections in 3Q 2013
Nov 28, 2013 – Telekom Slovenije has published its Business Report for the period January – September 2013. Over the first nine months of this year the number of TV connections was up 12% to reach 313,965.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, IPTV, Kosovo, Macedonia, Multiscreen, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Com Hem subscribers down 2,700 in 3Q 2013
Nov 28, 2013 – Com Hem has reported results for the third quarter of 2013. During the quarter the number of digital television subscriptions decreased by 2,700 (-0.4 percent) to 603,000 subscriptions, a decrease of 9,700 since the end of the third quarter of 2012.
News categories: Com Hem, Cable TV, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Sweden
Dutch digital TV subscribers grow to 6.6 million in Q3
Nov 26, 2013 – The number of digital TV connections in the Netherlands grew by 1.0 percent during the third quarter of 2013 to 6.61 million on 30 September 2013. According to Telecompaper, digital TV is now used by 85.3 percent of TV subscribers in the Netherlands.
News categories: Telecompaper, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018
Nov 26, 2013 – Telcos and cable operators are investing heavily in their networks to upgrade their subscribers to bundles. These operators will reap the rewards of this investment as total subscription revenues will increase by 65% from $124 billion in 2012 to $205 billion in 2018, according to the Triple-Play Forecasts report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Television now 55% digital as analogue broadcasting switch-off advances worldwide
Nov 21, 2013 – The world has witnessed a massive shift from analogue to digital television, with over 55 per cent of households with a TV now receiving a digital signal compared with just 30 per cent in 2008, according to ITU research.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Terrestrial
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)