CES (2013 International CES): January 8-11, 2013: Las Vegas, Nevada
Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
Dec 11, 2013 – Wyplay has announced that Canal+ is in advanced deployment testing using the new software solution co-developed with Wyplay based on the Frog By Wyplay service.
News categories: Wyplay, Canal+ Group, CES, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
Dec 3, 2013 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that Latin American STB manufacturers are engaging in the production of a turn-key solution based on Sigma's SoC for hybrid set top boxes for Argentina and other countries using ISDB-T.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Mach Electronics, Argentina, CES, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
IZON to unveil 3D TV without glasses at 2014 International CES
Nov 19, 2013 – IZON™ will debut its line of 3D LED televisions without glasses at the 2014 International CES. The company is anticipating the launch of its line of LED screens with 32", 47" and 55" glasses-free models by the second quarter of 2014.
News categories: IZON, 3D, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
DISH Announces Nationwide Availability of 'Hopper with Sling' Whole-Home HD DVR
Feb 11, 2013 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced the nationwide consumer availability of its new Hopper™ with Sling® Whole-Home HD DVR. DISH first introduced Hopper with Sling at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show.
News categories: DISH Network, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Personal Video Recorder, Placeshifting, Satellite, USA
iWedia releases Teatro-3.0 software for Linux SAT>IP headless broadcast gateways
Jan 10, 2013 – iWedia has announced that it has released a dedicated edition of its Teatro-3.0 software solution targeted at Linux operated, SAT>IP based headless broadcast gateways.
News categories: iWedia, CES, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Satellite
Accedo Powers Orange Live Box Play
Jan 9, 2013 – Accedo has announced that the Orange Live Box Play set-top-box from Orange (Paris:FTE; NYSE:FTE) will use Accedo's application management solution which provides a front-end user interface including multiple applications as well as a secure back-end system.
News categories: Accedo, Orange, Apps, CES, Digital TV, France, Infrastructure, IPTV, Set Top Box
Dune HD Introduces Dongle for Streaming iPhone and Android Photos, Music and Video to the TV
Jan 9, 2013 – Dune HD has introduced its Dune HD Connect mobile device companion player that frees content from the confines of mobile devices to enjoy on HDTVs. The Dune HD Connect family of devices will be available in early 2013 and will be shown at CES.
News categories: Dune HD, CES, Home Networking, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
iWedia selected by Google as Software integrator for Google TV
Jan 9, 2013 – iWedia has announced that it has concluded an agreement with Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) to provide iWedia integration services to Google partners wishing to deploy the Google TV platform in their products.
News categories: iWedia, Google TV, Blu-ray, CES, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)