CMMB (China Multimedia Mobile Broadcasting) News
BYD to Launch Two Car Models with Mobile Digital TV Powered by Siano
Jan 2, 2013 — Siano has announce a partnership with BYD to integrate Siano-powered entertainment systems into BYD cars. Starting in Q1 2013, BYD’s BYD S6 and the Surai compact sedan will be equipped with multimedia/infotainment systems with mobile DTV powered by Siano.
News categories: Siano, BYD, CMMB, In-Car, Mobile, Semiconductor
DiBcom Launches Digital TV & Radio Chip for Automotive Head Units
Sep 4, 2012 — DiBcom has announced a new circuit dedicated to head units, for Mobile TV and Digital Radio integration into Automobiles. The chip supports all active digital TV formats in the World such as ISDB-T; DVB-T; DAB/DAB+; T-DMB, CMMB and CTTB; ATSC and ATSC M/H.
News categories: DiBcom, ATSC, ATSC Mobile DTV, CMMB, DAB, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, In-Car, ISDB, ISDB-T, Mobile, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Terrestrial
Siano and Marvell Enhance CMMB Devices with Picture-in-Picture (PiP) Functionality
May 17, 2012 — Siano has announced a collaboration with Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) and ZTE (SEHK:0763; Shanghai:000063) aimed at bringing Picture-in-Picture functionality to CMMB users, for example to allow one program to be watched while waiting for another to start.
News categories: Siano, Marvell, ZTE, China, CMMB, Digital TV, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Newport Media Achieves Key Milestone of 70 Million Broadcast TV ICs Shipped Worldwide
Feb 27, 2012 — Newport Media has announced that it has reached a key milestone in company history with cumulative shipments of more than 70 million CMOS SoCs that address multiple global standards for broadcast Mobile TV.
News categories: Newport Media, CMMB, ISDB, Market Research, Mobile, MWC13, Semiconductor
Elgato and Siano partner to deliver digital TV products for Apple devices
Dec 7, 2011 — Elgato and Siano have announced the signing of a collaboration agreement whereby both companies will jointly deliver high-quality solutions for viewing digital TV on Apple devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Elgato, ATSC Mobile DTV, CES, CMMB, Digital TV, ISDB, ISDB-T, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial
RDA Microelectronics Introduces CMMB Mobile TV Chip for TD-SCDMA
Nov 17, 2011 — RDA Microelectronics (Nasdaq:RDA) has announced the introduction of its RDA5891 CMMB Mobile TV SoC for TD-SCDMA handsets and smartphones. RDA's CMMB single-chip integrates the RF tuner, demodulator, UAM (User Authentication Module) and CPU.
News categories: RDA Micro, China, CMMB, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Siano Launches Family of Android Applications for CMMB DTV
Oct 18, 2011 — Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of Kàn, an advanced DTV player application for the reception of CMMB live TV broadcasts on Android devices. Kàn is the first member in Siano's Android player family.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, CMMB, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
Siano and Borqs collaborate to produce ZTE’s new OPhone
Aug 16, 2011 — Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that, together with Borqs, they assisted ZTE in the launch of a model of the OPhone. The phone uses Borqs’ OPhone system supported by Siano’s SMS2186 CMMB receiver.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Borqs, ZTE, China, CMMB, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision