CMMB (China Multimedia Mobile Broadcasting) News
BYD to Launch Two Car Models with Mobile Digital TV Powered by Siano
Jan 2, 2013 – Siano has announce a partnership with BYD to integrate Siano-powered entertainment systems into BYD cars. Starting in Q1 2013, BYD's BYD S6 and the Surai compact sedan will be equipped with multimedia/infotainment systems with mobile DTV powered by Siano.
News categories: Siano, BYD, CMMB, In-Car, Multiscreen, Semiconductor
DiBcom Launches Digital TV & Radio Chip for Automotive Head Units
Sep 4, 2012 – DiBcom has announced a new circuit dedicated to head units, for Mobile TV and Digital Radio integration into Automobiles. The chip supports all active digital TV formats in the World such as ISDB-T; DVB-T; DAB/DAB+; T-DMB, CMMB and CTTB; ATSC and ATSC M/H.
News categories: DiBcom, ATSC, ATSC Mobile DTV, CMMB, DAB, Digital TV, IBCShow, ICs, In-Car, ISDB, ISDB-T, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Terrestrial
Siano and Marvell Enhance CMMB Devices with Picture-in-Picture (PiP) Functionality
May 17, 2012 – Siano has announced a collaboration with Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) and ZTE (SEHK:0763; Shanghai:000063) aimed at bringing Picture-in-Picture functionality to CMMB users, for example to allow one program to be watched while waiting for another to start.
News categories: Siano, Marvell, ZTE, China, CMMB, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Newport Media Achieves Key Milestone of 70 Million Broadcast TV ICs Shipped Worldwide
Feb 27, 2012 – Newport Media has announced that it has reached a key milestone in company history with cumulative shipments of more than 70 million CMOS SoCs that address multiple global standards for broadcast Mobile TV.
News categories: Newport Media, CMMB, ISDB, Market Research, Multiscreen, MWC13, Semiconductor
Elgato and Siano partner to deliver digital TV products for Apple devices
Dec 7, 2011 – Elgato and Siano have announced the signing of a collaboration agreement whereby both companies will jointly deliver high-quality solutions for viewing digital TV on Apple devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Elgato, ATSC Mobile DTV, CES, CMMB, Digital TV, ISDB, ISDB-T, Middleware, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial
RDA Microelectronics Introduces CMMB Mobile TV Chip for TD-SCDMA
Nov 17, 2011 – RDA Microelectronics (Nasdaq:RDA) has announced the introduction of its RDA5891 CMMB Mobile TV SoC for TD-SCDMA handsets and smartphones. RDA's CMMB single-chip integrates the RF tuner, demodulator, UAM (User Authentication Module) and CPU.
News categories: RDA Micro, China, CMMB, Digital TV, ICs, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Smartphone
Siano Launches Family of Android Applications for CMMB DTV
Oct 18, 2011 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of KÃ n, an advanced DTV player application for the reception of CMMB live TV broadcasts on Android devices. KÃ n is the first member in Siano's Android player family.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, CMMB, Media Player, Middleware, Multiscreen, Smartphone, Tablet
Siano and Borqs collaborate to produce ZTE's new OPhone
Aug 16, 2011 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that, together with Borqs, they assisted ZTE in the launch of a model of the OPhone. The phone uses Borqs' OPhone system supported by Siano's SMS2186 CMMB receiver.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Borqs, ZTE, China, CMMB, Digital TV, Middleware, Multiscreen, Semiconductor
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)