Coax Home Networking News
Pace and Broadcom Develop Ultra-Fast IP Client with MoCA 2.0
Jan 7, 2013 — Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced an ultra-fast, high performance IP client set-top box with MoCA 2.0 and Wi-Fi connectivity, developed in partnership with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) using the Xi3 product specification and RDK software developed by Comcast.
News categories: Pace plc, Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, MoCA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
ViXS announces network multimedia SoC with HEVC integrated
Sep 7, 2012 — ViXS Systems has announced a family of network multimedia systems-on-chip. The XCode 6210 is designed for media gateways. The XCode 6308 is designed for media streaming gateways. The XCode 6410 integrates HEVC and supports up to 4096 x 2160 (4Kx2K) resolution.
News categories: Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, ICs, MoCA, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS Systems announces general availability of MoCA 2.0 solution
Sep 4, 2012 — ViXS Systems has announced general availability of its XConnex™ 1000 MoCA 2.0 Radio Frequency (RF) transceiver and its XConnex 1030 MoCA 2.0 stand-alone Media Access Controller and Physical Layer (MAC/PHY) integrated SoC.
News categories: ViXS, Coax, Home Networking, ICs, MoCA, Semiconductor
Entropic demonstrates HTML5 streaming at CableLabs Summer Conference
Aug 6, 2012 — At CableLabs Summer Conference 2012, Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) demonstrated the ability to run HTML5 consumer applications from an Entropic-based set-top box over an Entropic-powered MoCA® 2.0 (Multimedia over Coax) home network.
News categories: Entropic, Cable TV, Middleware, MoCA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Majority of Set-Top Box to Remain Hard Wired through 2017 Despite Dominance of Wi-Fi Home Networks
Jul 31, 2012 — While Wi-Fi remains the predominant networking technology in most consumer's homes, wired solutions are gaining traction. MoCA has become the go-to wired technology in North America, while HomePlug continues to do well in Western Europe.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Home Networking, HomePlug, Market Research, MoCA, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
North America Is Home Networking Leader, Thanks to MoCA
Jun 25, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. MoCA embedded set-top boxes (STBs), FTTB ONTs, coax-Ethernet adapters, and WiFi broadband routers are driving growth in the home networking device market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IPTV, Market Research, MoCA, Router, Set Top Box
Wi-Fi Continues to Dominate Home Networking Market
May 23, 2012 — By 2014, shipments of home networking equipment and media devices will exceed one billion units. While Wi-Fi is expected to remain the most common technology, other wired networking technologies are expected to gain additional traction, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Blu-ray, Coax, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Phoneline, Powerline, Router, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, Wireless
ViXS Systems Showcases Media Excellence at CCBN 2012
Mar 20, 2012 — ViXS has announced that at CCBN it will be demonstrating media processing, transcoding technologies, broadcast/infrastructure solutions, n-screen/Multi-screen products, STBs, CA/DRM, Blu-Ray/Media Hubs, Smart XCode™ streaming and MoCA devices.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Blu-ray, CCBN, Gateway, MoCA, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market