CPE (Consumer Premises Equipment) News
Technicolor reports first half 2012 results
Jul 25, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has released its first half 2012 results. Connected Home revenues were up 34.7% at constant currency, reflecting a strong recovery in volumes and product mix.
News categories: Technicolor, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Gateway, Licensing, Patent, Results, Router, Satellite, Set Top Box
DOCSIS 3.0 Boosts Broadband CPE Market
Jul 18, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released its first quarter (1Q12) Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. The battle between Huawei and ZTE for overall broadband CPE revenue share continues: Huawei took back the top spot in 1Q12, slightly edging out ZTE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router
UNH-IOL Launches Consortium Dedicated to the Connected Home
Jun 26, 2012 – UNH-IOL has announced the launch of the Home Networking Consortium. The Home Networking Consortium provides the broadband industry a one stop shop for both Broadband Forum TR-069 testing and IPv6 CPE Ready Logo testing.
News categories: UNH-IOL, Broadband, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box
North America Is Home Networking Leader, Thanks to MoCA
Jun 25, 2012 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. MoCA embedded set-top boxes (STBs), FTTB ONTs, coax-Ethernet adapters, and WiFi broadband routers are driving growth in the home networking device market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IPTV, Market Research, MoCA, Router, Set Top Box
Ovum Report Confirms 147 Million Devices Managed By TR-069 Protocol
Jun 19, 2012 – A new report published by Ovum confirms the widespread market adoption of TR-069 CPE WAN Management Protocol. The report shows that - by the end of 2011 - TR-069 enabled devices globally totalled more than 147 million and are growing fast.
News categories: Broadband Forum, Ovum, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Router, Set Top Box
Qualcomm Atheros Announces Skifta Engine for Networking Device Manufacturers
Jun 5, 2012 – Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced the launch of its Skifta™ Engine application, offering OEMs software that can either be preloaded or added on to devices for media shifting to and from DLNA and UPnP devices inside and outside the home.
News categories: Atheros, Apps, COMPUTEX, DLNA, Games Console, Home Networking, Media Player, OTT, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, UPnP
ARRIS Enables Kabel Deutschland to Achieve a World Record 4.7 Gbit/s Downstream Throughput Speed
May 31, 2012 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced that Kabel Deutschland has successfully field tested the combination of a EuroDOCSIS™ 3.0-based ARRIS C4® CMTS and 12 ARRIS Touchstone® Cable Modem CM820S' to deliver 4.7 Gbit/s of aggregated data throughput downstream.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Kabel Deutschland, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Germany
Wi-Fi Continues to Dominate Home Networking Market
May 23, 2012 – By 2014, shipments of home networking equipment and media devices will exceed one billion units. While Wi-Fi is expected to remain the most common technology, other wired networking technologies are expected to gain additional traction, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Blu-ray, Coax, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Phoneline, Powerline, Router, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, Wireless
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal