CPE (Consumer Premises Equipment) News
Intel Launches Reference Design for Media Processors at TV Connect 2013
Mar 18, 2013 — At TV Connect, Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) will launch the Intel® Media Server Reference Design (MSRD). The MSRD is both a hardware and software design kit for OEMs and system integrators that allow them to develop Intel-based set-top boxes and media servers.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect
Antik to unveil details of Android-powered home gateway at TV Connect
Mar 18, 2013 — Antik Technology has unveiled details of its forthcoming Android home gateway, Juice Extreme II. The gateway uses STMicroelectronics' Orly STiH416 SoC for streaming and transcoding up to 4 channels in real time to home smart devices (tablets, smartphones, etc.).
News categories: Antik Technology, CCBN, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Semiconductor, TVConnect
iWedia to demonstrate software solutions for IPTV, Google TV, OTT, and SAT>IP devices at TV Connect 2013
Mar 14, 2013 — iWedia has announced that it will be showcasing a collection of software solutions for connected TV devices during TV Connect 2013. With an offering that covers IPTV, Google TV, OTT, and SAT>IP, iWedia affirms itself as the software partner of choice for connected TV devices.
News categories: iWedia, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, TVConnect
Multimedia Home Gateway Shipments Set to Surge a Hundredfold by 2015
Mar 11, 2013 — Global shipments of multimedia home gateways are expected to rise by a factor of more than 100 from 2011 to 2015 as pay-TV operators seek to unify the delivery of different forms of video content to all types of devices in homes, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, Set Top Box
Pace supplies gateway and client for GET's converged services platform
Mar 7, 2013 — Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has commenced deliveries of its Media Gateway and client device platform to support new converged home services for GET subscribers in Norway.
News categories: Pace plc, GET, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Norway, Set Top Box
Pace plc: Preliminary Results for the year ended 31 December 2012
Mar 5, 2013 — Pace plc (LSE: PIC) has announced its results for the year ended 31 December 2012. STB and Media Server revenues were up 2.9% to $1,826.0m in 2012, driven largely by the high demand for Media Servers in H2 for both DIRECTV's Genie™ Advanced Whole-Home HD DVR and the XG1 for Comcast's new X1 service.
News categories: Pace plc, Cable TV, Gateway, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Technicolor reports second half 2012 results
Feb 22, 2013 — Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has released its 2012 full year results. In the second half of 2012, Connected Home revenues totaled €671 million, up 29.9% at current currency and up 26.6% at constant currency compared to the second half of 2011.
News categories: Technicolor, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Gateway, Licensing, Patent, Results, Router, Satellite, Set Top Box
DISH Announces Nationwide Availability of 'Hopper with Sling' Whole-Home HD DVR
Feb 11, 2013 — DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced the nationwide consumer availability of its new Hopper™ with Sling® Whole-Home HD DVR. DISH first introduced Hopper with Sling at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show.
News categories: DISH Network, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Personal Video Recorder, Placeshifting, Satellite, USA
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision