DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting), DAB-IP, Eureka 147 Mobile TV (MDTV) News
DiBcom Launches Digital TV & Radio Chip for Automotive Head Units
Sep 4, 2012 — DiBcom has announced a new circuit dedicated to head units, for Mobile TV and Digital Radio integration into Automobiles. The chip supports all active digital TV formats in the World such as ISDB-T; DVB-T; DAB/DAB+; T-DMB, CMMB and CTTB; ATSC and ATSC M/H.
News categories: DiBcom, ATSC, ATSC Mobile DTV, CMMB, DAB, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, In-Car, ISDB, ISDB-T, Mobile, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Terrestrial
DMB Alliance and International DMB Advancement Group join forces
Dec 14, 2009 — Korea's DMB Alliance and the International DMB Advancement Group (IDAG) have joined forces in order to better coordinate and promote Digital Multimedia Broadcasting (DMB) mobile television initiatives around the world.
News categories: IDAG, DMB Alliance, DAB, Mobile, S-DMB, T-DMB
Analog Devices Unveils Multi-Standard Terrestrial Mobile TV RF Tuners
Sep 9, 2009 — Analog Devices (NYSE:ADI) has extended its mobile television RF product family. Compatible with global terrestrial mobile TV standards, ADI’s ADMTV803 and ADMTV804 RF tuners consume 60% less power and are 50% smaller than competing tuners.
News categories: Analog Devices, ATSC Mobile DTV, CMMB, DAB, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-H, ICs, ISDB-T, Mobile, One-Seg, Semiconductor, T-DMB, T-MMB, Terrestrial
Siano Unveils Newest Multi-Standard Mobile TV Chip
Sep 8, 2009 — Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of a new multi- Standard mobile TV receiver chip, the SMS1230. The SMS1230 supports the major Global broadcast mobile TV standards of DVB-T, T-DMB, and ISDB-T plus digital radio (DAB/+) and FM Radio.
News categories: Siano Mobile, DAB, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, One-Seg, Semiconductor, T-DMB
DMB countries join forces for mobile TV push
Jun 11, 2009 — Five countries engaged with DMB have established an organization that will support mobile TV services via DMB and related services. The International DMB Advancement Group (IDAG) has members from the Netherlands, Norway, UK, Malta and Italy.
News categories: DAB, Digital TV, Italy, Malta, Mobile, Netherlands, Norway, S-DMB, T-DMB, UK
Maxim announces compact T-DMB, ISDB-T and DAB silicon tuner
Jun 4, 2009 — Maxim (NASDAQ: MXIM) has introduced the MAX2169, a multimode silicon tuner for mobile TV. This device receives signals in FM, VHF-III, UHF, and L-band, making it ideal for multimode applications that need to receive mobile TV and audio broadcasts.
News categories: Maxim Integrated Products, DAB, Digital TV, DVB-H, ICs, ISDB-T, Mobile, One-Seg, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Tablet
Elonics secures additional $1.1m equity finance as markets develop
May 12, 2009 — As market demand increases for Elonics products, investors have contributed a further $1.1m to develop the sales and operational support infrastructure now required for its growing global customer base.
News categories: Elonics, DAB, DVB-H, ISDB-T, Mobile, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Terrestrial, UK, Venture Capital
472 Million to Receive Mobile TV by 2013
Mar 20, 2009 — The number of people receiving Mobile TV will reach 472 million by 2013 according to an analysis by Cantab Wireless. Subscriber growth is anticipated to be strongest in Asia at first, especially in Korea and Japan.
News categories: Cantab Wireless, CDMB, CMB, CMMB, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-H, DVB-SH, LTE, Market Research, MBMS, MediaFLO, Mobile, One-Seg, S-DMB, STiMi, Subscribers, T-DMB, T-MMB
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision