DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting), DAB-IP, Eureka 147 Mobile TV (MDTV) News
DiBcom Launches Digital TV & Radio Chip for Automotive Head Units
Sep 4, 2012 – DiBcom has announced a new circuit dedicated to head units, for Mobile TV and Digital Radio integration into Automobiles. The chip supports all active digital TV formats in the World such as ISDB-T; DVB-T; DAB/DAB+; T-DMB, CMMB and CTTB; ATSC and ATSC M/H.
News categories: DiBcom, ATSC, ATSC Mobile DTV, CMMB, DAB, Digital TV, IBCShow, ICs, In-Car, ISDB, ISDB-T, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Terrestrial
DMB Alliance and International DMB Advancement Group join forces
Dec 14, 2009 – Korea's DMB Alliance and the International DMB Advancement Group (IDAG) have joined forces in order to better coordinate and promote Digital Multimedia Broadcasting (DMB) mobile television initiatives around the world.
News categories: IDAG, DMB Alliance, DAB, Multiscreen, S-DMB, T-DMB
Analog Devices Unveils Multi-Standard Terrestrial Mobile TV RF Tuners
Sep 9, 2009 – Analog Devices (NYSE:ADI) has extended its mobile television RF product family. Compatible with global terrestrial mobile TV standards, ADI's ADMTV803 and ADMTV804 RF tuners consume 60% less power and are 50% smaller than competing tuners.
News categories: Analog Devices, ATSC Mobile DTV, CMMB, DAB, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-H, ICs, ISDB-T, Multiscreen, One-Seg, Semiconductor, T-DMB, T-MMB, Terrestrial
Siano Unveils Newest Multi-Standard Mobile TV Chip
Sep 8, 2009 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of a new multi- Standard mobile TV receiver chip, the SMS1230. The SMS1230 supports the major Global broadcast mobile TV standards of DVB-T, T-DMB, and ISDB-T plus digital radio (DAB/+) and FM Radio.
News categories: Siano Mobile, DAB, Digital TV, ICs, Multiscreen, One-Seg, Semiconductor, T-DMB
DMB countries join forces for mobile TV push
Jun 11, 2009 – Five countries engaged with DMB have established an organization that will support mobile TV services via DMB and related services. The International DMB Advancement Group (IDAG) has members from the Netherlands, Norway, UK, Malta and Italy.
News categories: DAB, Digital TV, Italy, Malta, Multiscreen, Netherlands, Norway, S-DMB, T-DMB, UK
Maxim announces compact T-DMB, ISDB-T and DAB silicon tuner
Jun 4, 2009 – Maxim (NASDAQ: MXIM) has introduced the MAX2169, a multimode silicon tuner for mobile TV. This device receives signals in FM, VHF-III, UHF, and L-band, making it ideal for multimode applications that need to receive mobile TV and audio broadcasts.
News categories: Maxim Integrated Products, DAB, Digital TV, DVB-H, ICs, ISDB-T, Multiscreen, One-Seg, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Tablet
Elonics secures additional $1.1m equity finance as markets develop
May 12, 2009 – As market demand increases for Elonics products, investors have contributed a further $1.1m to develop the sales and operational support infrastructure now required for its growing global customer base.
News categories: Elonics, DAB, DVB-H, ISDB-T, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Terrestrial, UK, Venture Capital
472 Million to Receive Mobile TV by 2013
Mar 20, 2009 – The number of people receiving Mobile TV will reach 472 million by 2013 according to an analysis by Cantab Wireless. Subscriber growth is anticipated to be strongest in Asia at first, especially in Korea and Japan.
News categories: Cantab Wireless, CDMB, CMB, CMMB, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-H, DVB-SH, LTE, Market Research, MBMS, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, One-Seg, S-DMB, STiMi, Subscribers, T-DMB, T-MMB
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain