France Digital TV News
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
May 14, 2013 — Vivendi has released its first quarter 2013 results. At the end of March 2013, Canal+ Group’s total subscription portfolio was up 285,000 year-on-year, thanks to good performances in the Canal+ Overseas territories, in particular in Africa and Vietnam.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Africa, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
Orange passes 6 million pay TV customer mark in 1Q 2013
Apr 24, 2013 — France Telecom-Orange (NYSE:FTE) has released results for the first quarter of 2013. In France, digital TV grew 14.3% year on year to 5.208 million customers at 31 March 2013, while in Poland the number of digital TV customers rose 5.4% to 699,000.
News categories: Orange, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers
Gaming Consoles Lead Global Connected TV Usage
Apr 9, 2013 — With growing interest in streaming content, online gaming, and apps on TVs, households are increasingly finding ways to connect their TVs to the Internet. In several developed countries, game consoles have become the most popular way to make that connection, according to NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Blu-ray, China, Digital TV, DVD, France, Games Console, Germany, Italy, Japan, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK, USA
Orange partners with Samsung for HEVC Video-on-Demand
Mar 19, 2013 — Orange's partnership with Samsung illustrates Orange’s strategy to offer HD video to as broad an audience as possible by using the HEVC standard with connected televisions, and making Orange’s set-top boxes HEVC-compatible in the future.
News categories: Orange, Samsung, Digital TV, France, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT, nc+) releases 2012 results
Feb 26, 2013 — Vivendi has released its 2012 results. Launched commercially in January 2012, the number of subscribers for GVT's pay-TV service reached 406,000 at the end of 2012. Canal+ France had 11.363 million subscriptions at the end of the year.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite
Accedo Powers Orange Live Box Play
Jan 9, 2013 — Accedo has announced that the Orange Live Box Play set-top-box from Orange (Paris:FTE; NYSE:FTE) will use Accedo's application management solution which provides a front-end user interface including multiple applications as well as a secure back-end system.
News categories: Accedo, Orange, Apps, CES, Digital TV, France, Infrastructure, IPTV, Set Top Box
Orange selects Movea for gesture-controlled set-top box
Jan 3, 2013 — Movea has announced a collaboration with Orange on the first large scale commercial deployment of a gesture-control set-top box. The Orange Livebox Play TV® set-top box will run Movea’s SmartMotion Server to deliver a more fun and intuitive way for people to enjoy digital content on the TV.
News categories: Movea, Orange, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Set Top Box
Canal+ Group selects Wyplay for next generation set-top software
Dec 19, 2012 — The CANAL+ Group has teamed with Wyplay to develop its next generation set-top box software including the implementation of an HTML5 user interface, improved overall performance and the use of open software.
News categories: Wyplay, CANAL+ Group, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision