Home Networking (wireless, powerline, phoneline, coax, …) News
Sigma Designs Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2013 Results
Mar 13, 2013 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has reported results for its fourth fiscal quarter and fiscal year ended February 2, 2013. Net revenue for fiscal year 2013 was $216.6 million, an increase of $34.0 million, or 18.6%, from $182.6 million in the previous year.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Home Networking, IPTV, Results, Semiconductor
Multimedia Home Gateway Shipments Set to Surge a Hundredfold by 2015
Mar 11, 2013 — Global shipments of multimedia home gateways are expected to rise by a factor of more than 100 from 2011 to 2015 as pay-TV operators seek to unify the delivery of different forms of video content to all types of devices in homes, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, Set Top Box
TiVo Launches TiVo Mini, Extends Whole-Home Viewing Experience
Mar 11, 2013 — TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the retail availability of TiVo® Mini, a companion device that allows TiVo users to access apps and extend the viewing of live TV, recorded and streaming content, as well as on-demand programming, to rooms throughout their homes without an additional TiVo DVR.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Digital TV, Home Networking, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, USA
Canada's Eastlink unveils new 'Ultra Whole Home DVR'
Feb 28, 2013 — Canadian cable company, Eastlink, has unveiled its new video entertainment service - called Ultra Whole Home DVR - for customers seeking the most advanced video entertainment experience in one, easy-to-use platform.
News categories: Eastlink, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Home Networking, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
DISH Announces Nationwide Availability of 'Hopper with Sling' Whole-Home HD DVR
Feb 11, 2013 — DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced the nationwide consumer availability of its new Hopper™ with Sling® Whole-Home HD DVR. DISH first introduced Hopper with Sling at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show.
News categories: DISH Network, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Personal Video Recorder, Placeshifting, Satellite, USA
Entropic Reports Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2012 Results
Feb 5, 2013 — SAN DIEGO — Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), a world leader in semiconductor solutions for the connected home, today reported its fourth quarter and fiscal year results for the period ended December 31, 2012. Entropic reported fourth quarter net revenues of $89.7 million, a slight decrease compared with $89.8 million in the third quarter of 2012. Service Provider [...]
News categories: Entropic, Gateway, Home Networking, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
iWedia releases Teatro-3.0 software for Linux SAT>IP headless broadcast gateways
Jan 10, 2013 — iWedia has announced that it has released a dedicated edition of its Teatro-3.0 software solution targeted at Linux operated, SAT>IP based headless broadcast gateways.
News categories: iWedia, CES, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Satellite
Dune HD Introduces Dongle for Streaming iPhone and Android Photos, Music and Video to the TV
Jan 9, 2013 — Dune HD has introduced its Dune HD Connect mobile device companion player that frees content from the confines of mobile devices to enjoy on HDTVs. The Dune HD Connect family of devices will be available in early 2013 and will be shown at CES.
News categories: Dune HD, CES, Home Networking, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision