HomePlug Powerline Communications News
Sigma Designs Powers LEA's New NetPlayer HD
Oct 16, 2012 — Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced their partnership with LEA®. LEA's new NetPlayer HD® is powered by Sigma Designs' SMP8671 secure media processor and CG2210 chipset HomePlug® AV modem with ClearPath™ technology.
News categories: Sigma Designs, LEA, BBWF, Digital TV, HomePlug, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Majority of Set-Top Box to Remain Hard Wired through 2017 Despite Dominance of Wi-Fi Home Networks
Jul 31, 2012 — While Wi-Fi remains the predominant networking technology in most consumer's homes, wired solutions are gaining traction. MoCA has become the go-to wired technology in North America, while HomePlug continues to do well in Western Europe.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Home Networking, HomePlug, Market Research, MoCA, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Comtrend Delivers Power Line Solution to Chunghwa Based on Sigma Designs HomePlug AV Adapters
Jun 5, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that its CG2210 HomePlug AV solution will be used by Chunghwa Telecom for delivering IPTV services in consumer homes. The CG2210-based product, provided by Comtrend, is a wall mount adapter.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Comtrend, Chunghwa Telecom, COMPUTEX, Home Networking, HomePlug, IPTV, Powerline, Semiconductor, Taiwan
DLNA® Approves HomePlug AV and HD-PLC Powerline Networking for Increased Digital Home Connectivity
Mar 12, 2012 — The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), HomePlug Powerline Alliance and HD-PLC Alliance have announced that the HomePlug AV and HD-PLC powerline networking standards have been approved for incorporation into DNLA's Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, HomePlug Powerline Alliance, HD-PLC Alliance, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, HomePlug, Powerline, Router
Sigma Designs Teams With Avtrex and Syabas Middleware Providers for Ultra Thin Set-Top Box Solution
Jan 12, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it has teamed with Avtrex and Syabas Technologies to add software and middleware technology to its advanced platform reference design, the Ultra Thin Set-Top Box.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Avtrex, Syabas, CES, Digital TV, Home Networking, HomePlug, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Powerline, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS Systems Collaborates with Qualcomm Atheros to Develop Home Network Media Gateways
Jan 10, 2012 — ViXS is collaborating with Qualcomm Atheros (Nasdaq: QCOM) to deliver an n-Screen Home Multimedia Gateway platform that can distribute multiple HD quality streams across mobile and fixed screen devices on any of the widely used home networks.
News categories: Atheros, ViXS Systems, CES, Home Networking, Home Server, HomePlug, MoCA, Semiconductor, Wireless
HomePlug® Powerline Alliance Announces AV2 Specification for Broadband Speeds over Powerline Wires
Jan 9, 2012 — The HomePlug® Powerline Alliance has announced the availability of the HomePlug AV2 specification. This new HomePlug technology enables significant performance and coverage for broadband networking over powerline wires.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, Home Networking, HomePlug, Powerline
IEEE 1905.1 industry standard moves to product design stage
Jan 9, 2012 — The IEEE 1905.1 Working Group has approved its Hybrid Networking (P1905.1) draft standard. The industry standard combines the mobility of wireless with the performance of wires to enable the next-generation networked home.
News categories: Powerline Alliance, IEEE 1905.1, Blu-ray, Coax, Games Console, Gateway, Home Networking, Home Server, HomePlug, MoCA, Powerline, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Wireless
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision